Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #141 
Syriiven

D= Oh noes....I'm so sorry to hear that hun. I hpe they'll be okay
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #142 
AyalaCookiejar

DaBaDees got it worse. The epsoms and parasite clear worked like a charm last time, and I was cleaning the siphon with vinegar before doing water changes for my girls, but I just bought a new siphon last night for the boys so I don't have to worry about transferring anything. I hope I haven't accidentally got my girls sick, but so far they have no issues at all an since their one gallons are bare bottomed it makes it super easy to monitor poo.

Btw, I left to go to the cat shelter right after I posted this and just got back and DaBaDee had pooed while I was gone! Yay! It was normal colored and landed on the plant I put in his hospital tank so it was easy to suck out with a turkey bastor... He's still bouyant but the bloating has gone down! It looks like he's in the act of excreting some white poo now. I fed him a few more NLS pellets to help him pass the parasites. I just want him to get better :( he's giving me the sad eyes again!
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #143 
AyalaCookiejar

So DaBaDee is no longer buoyant, but I can't help but have this feeling that his swimming is "off". It's hard to explain, but it just seems off to me. He's currently going to the bathroom so I will give him his privacy for now and try to get a video of him later. For some reason I just have this feeling that his swimming is still strange even though he's no longer floating uncontrollably, and I've been wanting some opinions from others because I'm not sure if I'm just crazy, lol.

Anyways, I got a pretty good picture on my phone last night of Bahari's colors so I will post that here later, and on Bahari's personal journal :p He looks different colored in certain lighting but he's really got this nice purple color that is hard to get pictures of. I also got some pictures of Okami's fins because they are healing quite nicely.

I feel bad for having so many more pictures of her than the others but she is the easiest to get pictures of. Stella is a little more photogenic but her size makes it difficult to get pictures and OKAMI IS JUST SO CUTE OMG I WANT TO SHRINK DOWN AND JUMP IN THE WATER WITH HER AND GIVE HER A BIG HUG AND WIGGLE DANCE WITH HER. Stella is a wiggler, too :) ahhahaha
Old 01-23-2013, 05:22 PM   #144 
Syriiven

I'm so sorry to hear the boys are still a bit ill. If I find your thread with the vid I'll give what advice I can.

Your lady's fin's seem to be doing much better though =)
Old 01-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #145 
AyalaCookiejar

Bahari seems to be doing fine, now. DaBaDee is doing much better than he was Monday. I'll post the video here and send it to Sakura and Callistra... I always get better/faster answers (well, usually) when I PM them instead of making a new thread, lol.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #146 
AyalaCookiejar

Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x09c...wTDOH_71BKuF-Q

I just find this strange... But what do you think?
Old 01-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #147 
Syriiven

I think I see what you're seeing...a little like he's drunk? Or, well, buzzed and just not quite right?
Old 01-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #148 
AyalaCookiejar

LOL, right? Callistra thinks the swimming is normal but that he has fin melt (I didn't know there was such a thing!) Poor guy :( It seems the last 2 months in a bigger, heated, cycled 5 gallon hasn't helped his fins at all.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #149 
Syriiven

But then what will help him? Isnt fin melt similar to finrot?
Old 01-23-2013, 07:51 PM   #150 
AyalaCookiejar

Yeah, I guess so, lol. I haven't seen any white tips indicating re growth nor have I noticed his fins getting shorter. I know fin rot eats away at their fins. I'm so confused!! I am a terrible owner, poor guy :(