Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2013, 11:37 PM   #171 
Syriiven

Is true, and forgot that 3 is pretty risky.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #172 
AyalaCookiejar

Yeah, I'll likely be getting 3 more dragon girls from Chard56 since he has an abundance of them. I do love Okami, haha :)

Anyways, another random thing: my boyfriend thinks he's losing his hearing in his right ear and he's been an a-hole all day. His ear is ringing and he can't hear well out of it - it's been over a week. He's an "audiofile" (at least that's what he calls it) and he LOVES music, sound, anything that makes noise. He's wanting to be an audio engineer or an ear doctor (idk why lol) and he wants to learn to use a sound board. He also compulsively drums on everything, so naturally, he is not happy about not being able to hear out of one ear and he's super grumpy.

My mom is a nurse and I know she has an ear cleaning kit... So hopefully he's just got a lot of gunk in there or something and we will be able to fix it just by cleaning it because I'm a little tired of his attitude, LOL.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:55 PM   #173 
Syriiven

Fluid or gunk, one of the two. And yea, audiophile is the term. I'm not quite on the level of an audiophile in terms of music-gasms, but I totally understand the frustration. It's like having surround-sound headphones but one goes out so you only hear half of what you want, and the rest sounds super far away or you don't hear it at all. Hope he gets better too xD

I was looking at Chard's stuff too, he has some nice bettas :)
Old 01-25-2013, 12:18 AM   #174 
AyalaCookiejar

He sure does :) he's won lots of best in shows... I really don't want to go the route of ordering from Thailand and going through the transhipping crud. Plus, shipping is expensive especially when a fish could be in the mail for days. For DOAs (even if its uncommon) the fish is replaced but there's no refund on shipping, and I can imagine the water is crazy different in Thailand. He's a great American breeder who offers some great prices. He's got a lot of fish to choose from, too... I can't imagine there's any way in heck he could get pictures of them all.

He posted a few pictures of his dragon females in my profile. He said he'll be able to tell their colors in a couple weeks, so I think I'll wait until then because I'd like a little variety. I really don't want four red dragon females that look a lot alike, and I would like to see the different colors they turn out to be. He has red, fire, and snow dragons. The snow dragons are quite impressive. He also posted a picture of a male snow dragon on my profile.

I don't want to sound super picky but I would love a yellow or orange female. Idk why but they are just absolutely to die for, haha. And I also have to say that the dragon female I got from Mo is much more than I ever expected her to be. I think I may have fallen in love with dragon scales, haha :)
Old 01-25-2013, 12:36 AM   #175 
Syriiven

Oh I totally understand wanting variation. Honestly, I'm on the edge about going the AB route, especially since Canada has only one transhipper that's on the otherside of the country from me. But I contacted him and got an estimation on shipping, so add that to my fish, I'm looking at $100-$150....so if I did get one from AB, I'd make real sure it's one I'd really, really love. So I'm keeping my eye out for a fun-colored HMPK koi or a rosetail mustard gas.

Otherwise, I don't have that many options. Not lots of breeders in the states ship outside of the states. So I need to find the breeders more local and see what they have. Since I'm getting two from logisticsguy's fancy HM X koi HM spawn, he may be who I get a 'special' fish for my future Chi tank, since I like the koi color variation. My last one though. xD
Old 01-25-2013, 12:47 AM   #176 
AyalaCookiejar

I LOVE koi colors. I really like the ones that are similar to actual koi fish. Now THOSE I would not mind having 6 of for my sorority :) and I don't want to be too picky... I know Chard has a loooot of dragon girls to sell (and no doubt, breeders like to sell their fish so they can breed more, lol) and I can get them for a ridiculously low price, but I think that having healthy girls who are fit for sorority life is more important than coloring.... But it's my first sorority so I should be allowed to be a little picky, yeah? Lol. I know that most breeders already keep the females in one large sorority, so its hard to go wrong with a breeder when looking for well socialized girls.

Edit: keep getting distracted, lol. I always forget you live in Canada. GRRR SHIPPING PRICES ! I can imagine that dealing with transhipping is far more complicated than I am willing to deal with, really, lol. Purchasing my girls from Texas was quick and extremely easy - my favorite, ha. (And $70 in total including shipping, for all three. Mo was very nice and gave me discounted prices on the two EEs.)

Last edited by AyalaCookiejar; 01-25-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:48 AM   #177 
Syriiven

Yea that's a great deal. Omgosh, I'm trying to figure out all this business of simply shipping art prints across the border and Canada Postal services are making it waaay complicated -_-;

A koi sorority would be awsm~ but I think I'll settle for one koi male/female in my chi tank. The fluval 5g petsmart sells...all fengshui and stuff. I think a koi betta in that would be poetry. Though with more decor and proper hiding, not just a bare tank with an amazon sword like int he picture =P
Old 01-25-2013, 11:17 PM   #178 
AyalaCookiejar

Okami's fins are getting worse. I noticed a hole in her fin today :(

Old 01-25-2013, 11:24 PM   #179 
Syriiven

Ohhh, dear =( What do you have her on right now?
Old 01-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #180 
Sparrowhawk

Oh no! I hope she gets better soon.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote