Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #191 
AyalaCookiejar

Oh, and... DaBaDee's still pale but his activity level keeps increasing and he's becoming more and more responsive.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #192 
Syriiven

Totally understand the 'right now' part. This week is taking forever cuz Saturday I get mine.

I think sometimes after a bad shock or sickness their color can be off for a while. After trying to fish-in cycle Phy (my VT now dead - not cuz of the shock) was pale and even had a stress stripe for two weeks after he was back in his original tank.

But energetic sounds very good to me =)
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #193 
AyalaCookiejar

I don't think he's cured... I should be getting meds I can feed to him soon. This will be much easier than the Parasite Clear (and much less harsh on him!)

I think there's a large combination if factors causing his color loss. One, the rusty decoration, two, the internal parasites and three, the medication I've been using. His energy came back (not 100%) after I did a water change to remove the meds since they didn't seem to be working. He doesn't have stress stripes... Actually, he's so pale that he's slightly transparent and appears to have virtical stripes. I can't get a good picture - its much easier to see when the light is behind him shining through him.

He was sleeping a lot, though, and I haven't seen him sleep today. He was actually up waiting for me before his tank lights turned on today! He comes to the front of the tank and kind of hovers in one spot watching me and occasionally wiggles around. After he pooped this morning, he was even better yet, but still pale. I can tell by the look he gave me at dinner time that he's feeling a little bit better.

Bahari is also having that floating issue but his comes with extreme bloat, usually at night, and disappears by morning and is back again at night. I'm confused because I haven't seen his poop for a long time and he got bloated again even though I didn't feed him today. I have a feeling he also has internal parasites but its difficult to tell when I never see his poo.

So, needless to say, I only got some pictures of my girls since my boys aren't in the best of shape... I feel like they haven't gotten enough attention since my boys are sick - besides Okami's slight fin rot that healed up quickly and easily.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #194 
AyalaCookiejar

Oh my god. Bahari looks like he's going to EXPLODE. His gills are moving rapidly and are wide open and he is swimming around strangely and rapidly. I added more Epsom salt but I can't stand to watch him. He's floating and can't stay upright! :(
Old 01-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #195 
Syriiven

o.o Oh my! I hpe he calms down soon. Maybe you should look into some Indian Almond Leaves, I'm getting some for my tanks and little sick Kale. helps them de-stress and ups their immune system by making them less stressed. And being sick often would make anyone stressed.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #196 
AyalaCookiejar

I'm getting VitaChem sometime soon... I'd have to order IAL online, too. I think VitaChem and IAL have extremely similar effects. Also, the meds I can feed DaBaDee... I'm hoping they can help Bahari, too.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #197 
Syriiven

If you canf ind blackwater extract it does the same...I ordered a bunch on AB. 100 for $15 free shipping, two-three week arrival, so..not a bad deal. And maybe you can get some with your new shipment of girls. Breeders usually have IAL and a few leaves to hold you over before you get some shouldn't be much.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #198 
AyalaCookiejar

Kanaplex , Metro and VitaChem have been ordered. Bahari and DaBaDee both have what I believe are bacterial infections. I'm also looking in to IAL... Technically, I am not old enough for an AquaBid account so I may have to make one under my moms name. I won't be 18 until February 27th :( might need to look into getting Daphnia for Bahari's bloating and constipation issues. He looks better than last night but I still don't see any poo! Ugh.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:57 PM   #199 
AyalaCookiejar

So I'm confused about AquaBid lol. I've never used it (or eBay) before, but I did use PayPal to order my fish. However, that was an eCheck from my moms bank account so it took a few days to process. Hopefully I can get my debit card info on the PayPal account with no issues. Would using a debit card to pay for it take as long?

Also, how do I proceed with the payment on AB after placing the buy it now thing? I saw two different sellers with the $15 free shipping on 100 leaves. Which did you use? The shipping is free even to the US? Any extra charges? Does the seller send you a PayPal email to send the money to and then you just send the $15 to them on PayPal like I did when I purchased my girls? Do you get shipping info on the IAL after you send the payment? Lol, I'm completely a noob at this.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:04 PM   #200 
Syriiven

Basically you add your bank info congruent to your debit card to Paypal, that takes a few business days to set up. Then when you bid/buy out the sale on AB, you contact the seller with the bid as the title of the email and ask them how much total costs will be. They reply, with paypal email address, then you just pay them from your paypal. When they recieve the payment (should be automatic) they'll reply and let you know when it will ship out.