Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-31-2013, 06:20 PM   #201 
AyalaCookiejar

Which seller did you use? How do you know if there will be extra costs or did you just pay the $15? And can I add my debit card, the bank account info is on there already... I was wondering if the debit card would be faster.

Also, for small leaves, how much do you use per gallon? When do you replace them? I have two five gallon tanks, a four gallon, a ten gallon and the three one gallons... I have no idea how many leaves to add, lol.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:24 PM   #202 
Syriiven

What I'm going to do is do one full leaf for my 10gallon, maybe two or three from my 29. For the other tanks I might add only half or a third of a leaf. From what I've read you can change them out in a week, or wait until they get slimey.

You should be able to add your debit card easy enough (checking acount dealio), I'm not sure if it'll take time to register it or not.

I went through Tantora.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:50 PM   #203 
AyalaCookiejar

Thanks. I was looking at Tantora... The seller has nothing but positive feedback. I might ask OFL if its possible to "overdose" or what the best/easiest way to dose it would be, especially for my one gallon tanks.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:58 PM   #204 
Syriiven

When you get ana answer let me know, I'm doing guess work on dosage per tank.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:00 PM   #205 
AyalaCookiejar

Yes, I asked her a few questions, about dosage, pH fluctuations, the best way to dose, how long to wait until changing th leaves, etc, etc... I am always full of questions :p I am slightly worried about doing water changes if the IAL will affect the pH a lot (because the pH in the tank would be lower than the pH of my tap D=)

I'll let you know what she says :)
Old 01-31-2013, 07:05 PM   #206 
Syriiven

Thanks! That's been my only concern too, the pH and how much it'll change...D=
Old 01-31-2013, 07:20 PM   #207 
AyalaCookiejar

Idk, I'm thinking the benefits will outweigh that issue. OFL will likely know how to deal with it. She is the IAL queen, lol.

My shipment is expected to be here by next Tuesday (the VitaChem, Kanaplex and Metro). I'm also planning to get my live plants before completely setting up my sorority. I want the water parameters to be no less than perfect and the plants will help. Hopefully I can keep them alive, haha :p I think I have it set up... Anubias Barteri, java fern windelove, java moss, water sprite, hornwort, Val's and umm... I can't remember if that's all, lol? Also shipping and a heat pack. It will be about $40.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:46 PM   #208 
Syriiven

Thats not bad at all. I kinda wish I would've started the sorority tank months ago so my cycle would be established, but I'll just have to stay on top of water changes. Cant wait to see your girls free swimming tho!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:14 PM   #209 
AyalaCookiejar

Me either, lol! I'm too excited :)

So, I have some good news, and some bad...

Good news is, I just vacuumed Bahari's tank and found some poo hiding in the gravel (and he's not bloated or floating anymore)!

Bad news is, when I went to do my water changes today, I noticed that all three of my tanks were at 77 degrees and not the usual 79, and Okami was acting a little more lethargic than usual and had some color loss. I figured that the room temp was cooler than usual and that maybe they didn't sleep well last night since my boyfriend got up in the middle of the night and had a light on in the room.
BUT, he neglected to tell me that while I was at school, the power went out for almost TWO HOURS!!! He was like, "well why does it matter, you weren't here." It matters because my FISH WERE HERE!!! So their water temp probably dropped even lower than 77 and now its warming back up. ARGH! I wish I would have been here to wrap their tanks with towels or at least known about it sooner. -_-
Old 01-31-2013, 09:36 PM   #210 
Syriiven

Oooo.....not so good....They should be okay once it warms to normal again. But a sudden power outtage would do it =( Hpe they'll be kay soon.