Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-31-2013, 08:42 PM   #211 
AyalaCookiejar

Okami is the only one who looks like that. DaBaDee is a little buoyant ATM and is still pale but he doesn't look worse than he did yesterday. Bahari looks better... No bloating or buoyancy. The other two girls look fine and are acting fine but they are the only two NOT being treated for something. Okami is in AQ salt, Bahari and DaBaDee are in epsoms in small amounts.

Which reminds me, my mom called and told me I had a package?! I have to go get it... It must be the general cure for DaBaDee from Callistra (I told her I'd pay for it but I didn't even know she shipped it!!!) I can't think of what else it could be. It's definitely not my metro, Kanaplex and VitaChem because that was ordered yesterday and hasn't shipped yet. Hopefully she won't be stubborn and not let me pay for it (don't get me wrong though, I appreciate it a bunch!!!! But would feel bad if I didn't pay for it and shipping)
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #212 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
if you are using them just for a tonic or long term for tannins-add 1-3 per tank or half of one-since they are natural you can't overdose-you tan the water to your taste. Use them whole or crush up and remove as they start to break down or if you have lots of live plants leave them to break down-doesn't really matter.
You will need to have your replacement water pre tanned so you don't have any sudden extreme chemistry changes when you make water changes.
-OldFishLady
Old 02-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #213 
AyalaCookiejar

Okami has raised scales on just her face today. Posted a new thread :(

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....53#post1415053
Old 02-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #214 
Syriiven

Thanks for sharing the info, I'll ahve to start using my clean water bucket to make pre-ready water. But that makes sense.

I'm sorry about Okami hun =(
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:23 AM   #215 
Sparrowhawk

Oh no... I'm sorry about Okami...
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #216 
AyalaCookiejar

She looks worse today. Her head makes her look like a porcupine and she's not moving much at all. Extreme color loss and lethargy. I don't know what it is... I'm increasing the amount of AQ salt for now and I'll increase the temp because Sakura thinks it may be either external parasites or a bacterial infection. The estimated arrival date of my Kanaplex and metro is Wednesday but I don't know if she'll make it that long.

Also, I just found out today that I will have to move all of my tanks to my house from my boyfriends. I don't know how that will work out. I'm assuming this problem was due to the temperature drop from when the power went out and its still cold outside so there will probably be some temp fluctuations when I move them. I also have to figure out exactly where I will put my tanks in my room. My brothers ten gallon is in my room. I think I'll be able to fit three tanks on my desk and one on my dresser but I'll have to find another spot for my brothers tank.
Pretty much all my other equipment is already in boxes. I organized it all to save room and make space and get it all nice looking and whatnot.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:15 PM   #217 
AyalaCookiejar

Just checked on her again.....

It's dropsy.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #218 
Syriiven

I'm so sorry Ayala...
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #219 
AyalaCookiejar

Thanks. :/ I'm trying to get some help with burying her. I can deal with live fish... Dead ones are a completely different story.
DaBaDee and Bahari are both having buoyancy issues again, too.

I've also had to clean up my room and make space for all four of my tanks. I also need to find a place for my brothers tank which is currently in my room. This is what I have so far.

That is where I'm planning on putting my two five gallons, my ten gallon and my four gallon. The blue circled spots are where I am going to store my equipment and the buckets and stuff will go under the desk. I went out and bought that black storage bin with three shelves yesterday. It fits under there just perfectly.

This is officially the worst weekend ever. Not only was I kicked out of my fish room yesterday, but Okami also passed away last night... I'm pretty sure I'm going in to a severe depression. This is way too many changes... And I'm not good with change. The smallest things are making me cry and I have the worst headache ever that no amount of pain pills seem to help.

On top of that, I have a paper due on Tuesday for college English that I haven't even started. I was planning on it this weekend but its not happening, now. I need to pass this stupid class to graduate. I just don't feel like doing anything. I need to do my water changes, at least for my girls... And I probably also need to get some Epsom salt into DaBaDee and Bahari's tanks. I just don't want to get up anymore.

Sleep sounds amazing. But my fish need to come first and I really need to take care of Okami's body. I could also use something to eat since I don't think I ate anything today. I had some coffee and a piece of Espresso cheesecake. Not even hungry. But I'm so weak I don't even want to stand. :/
Old 02-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #220 
AyalaCookiejar

Oh, and also, I just found out that the power outage was a "scheduled maintenance" thing. Apparently we didn't get the memo because the home phone was turned off like a week or so ago.

Screw you, NPPD.