Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #241 
Syriiven

Sounds like great news all around =)
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #242 
AyalaCookiejar

A few more things... Lotus jumped at feeding time a couple mornings ago!!! And my birthday is in six days. :)

Here's a drawing I did in oil pastels
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #243 
Syriiven

Awsm~! Maybe I should play with pastels again.

And in cas I miss it, happy Birthday!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #244 
AyalaCookiejar

So I've been thinking of names again, ha. I will be getting four more females and more fish in the future, no doubt... Been thinking of naming them after cars from now on, lol. Lotus already has a car name.

Veyron
Celica
Zenvo
Vitara
Invicta
Ascari
Exige
Bugatti
Maserati
Daihatsu
Audi
Fiero
Miata
Alero

I love the name Veyron, though its more of a male name... Bugatti Veyron is the fastest car on the market, so I'd have to dedicate that name to a quick male PK. :p
Old 02-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #245 
AyalaCookiejar

Happy birthday to me! Lol.
We're going shopping today in the capital city :) We will be going to the mall... I need to find some new work pants, ha. They also have a knock-off build-a-bear called teddy bear connections and my boyfriend will be making me a bear xD lol :p We're also going to go to petco. I've got a few coupons in the mail that will definitely be used today :)

My water change schedule is my girls on Tuesdays and my brother's tank on Wednesdays, and I did both of those yesterday and am fasting everyone today since it will be busy. Spring break has also officially started, so no school or work until next Tuesday! Yay! It's been awhile since I've actually had a break. I usually have either school or work (or both) every day of the week, and I haven't actually done much for any of my birthdays since I was in elementary school. I believe last year we went to Applebee's for my birthday and I got a whopping two presents... This year, I already have at least four that I know of and probably more that I'm still unaware of.. :p

I'll only be 18 once. Not a whole lot of super-exciting ages (besides 16, 18, 21, and multiples of ten from there on out, except maybe 25 because mortgage or something decreases at that age :p). I still don't feel 18. Not sure if I've had enough time to even feel like I'm 17, lol, and I always used to think that that was the best age to be.

Anyways, I'll hopefully be able to get everything that I still need for my sorority tank today, and maybe I'll get to order my girls and plants. But I'm still trying to find potassium permanganate (is that how you spell it?) to sanitize my live plants and I still need two more of those tall QT tanks to fit in my 10 gallon since our walmart only had four of them (grr). I'm planning on ordering four more girls from Chard56, a fire, snow, and red dragon and one of his cute little purple females :D
Old 02-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #246 
Sparrowhawk

Wooo, happy birthday!!
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #247 
Syriiven

Happy Birthday!
Old 02-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #248 
AyalaCookiejar

Thanks, guys :)

So I just made a spread sheet with info on the plants I am getting: Anubias barteri, Java fern windelove, Water sprite, Hornwort, Java moss, and Jungle val.. I need to run out to Ace Hardware to see if they have any PP because I would prefer NOT to have snails in my tank. But I am super excited to get my girls and my live plants.

I also figured that it would cost $200 to get the 20 long I wanted with a hood, stand, heater, and filter. I don't have substrate for it but I will have plenty of plants. But that could be just wishful thinking - no guarantees for that one.

I've never considered myself a plant person but I am pretty stoked to get my live plants and I'm even more stoked since I spend the last hour researching them, lol. I'm ordering them from PandaBetta.

Which reminds me, I still need daphnia and IAL and Petco didn't have any daphnia yesterday. I just don't want to order a bunch of things from different places and have to pay shipping 20 times -_-
Old 02-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #249 
AyalaCookiejar

Oh, and another thing...
I'd really like to name another fish Okami because Okami was my favorite name of all my fish (I'm obsessed with names) but I feel like it would be rude to Okami. I'd also like to name a fish Konami. Other than that, Veyron is my favorite name but it is more of a male name..

And omg I'm excited for my plants.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #250 
Sparrowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
I've never considered myself a plant person but I am pretty stoked to get my live plants and I'm even more stoked since I spend the last hour researching them, lol.
Hahaha, I actually never liked plants outside of water -- I think it may have been because of the creepy crawlies that tend to come with them -- but aquatic plants are so wonderful, and addictive! Just beware, you'll be reading about plants and aquascaping just as much as you do about fish in no time, haha! It's a fun, rewarding addiction, just like fishkeeping, but an obsession nonetheless. XD

This is just my opinion, but I don't think it's disrespectful to Okami to name another fish with the same name. You're not about to forget her, or discount the fondness you had for her while she was with you. If you don't forget her, you won't be disrespecting her. ^.^ You could always add a little surname of sorts to make it a little different?

Hope you had a wonderful time on your birthday.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote