Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #251 
AyalaCookiejar

Thanks! Okami jr. :p although that sounds slightly masculine... Okami II. Lol. I wonder if the video game Okami had a sequel xD Okami was an awesome fish with a pretty awesome name, too. Okami is a video game and Konami is actually a video game brand. Umm... Not too sure on the specifics. Since I will be getting another red dragon girl and a fire dragon, which is similar, I think Okami and Konami would work great!

Aaaand... I ordered my plants, will be ordering my girls soon, and plus, I just went out to Walmart and bought my last two one gallon QT tanks so all six are now ready. Woo!! I love preparedness. They only had 4 the first time so I'm surprised they restocked them since the last time I was there... I also got two new fluorescent bulbs, one for my four gallon (the old bulb still works but its... Old) and one for my lamp. I'm planning on using that lamp for light when I QT my plants and also for extra light if I need it. The bulb in the ten gallon is only 15 watts and I could not find a higher watt bulb to fit the tank, so I just got a new bulb for my lamp just in case. The four gallon bulb is 8 watts so its perfect. :) now I just have to figure out how to remove the stupid bulb that's already in there (lol).

Btw, do you have snails in your tanks? I can't find anything to kill the snails and I'm not sure if I really want them in my tanks. I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons... My biggest concern is the bioload, but I can do the blanched lettuce trick often to control the population if I really need to. I don't like the idea of killing a bunch of snails but I also don't really like the idea of the snails causing an ammonia spike and harming my girls or eating my plants. Ugh. My town so needs more places to shop..
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:19 PM   #252 
AyalaCookiejar

And btw, I just looked it up.. They made a sequel to Okami for the DS called Okamiden (Okami Chronicles).
Old 02-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #253 
Sparrowhawk

Could that be a winner for a name? ^.^

And nah, I don't have snails in my tanks. I'm a bad, bad person and don't quarantine my plants, but my partner and I always have a joint effort in thoroughly rinsing every plant that we get (carefully of course, lol) under tap water. Hasn't failed yet, touch wood, and we haven't had any hitchhikers. If you don't like the thought of squishing unwanted snails, do you have anyone who will do it for you? I must admit, I wouldn't relish the prospect either.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #254 
AyalaCookiejar

I've heard that Clearwater can get rid of them at double the dose, but of course, my Walmart is out of that and I can't find PP anywhere in town. :/ the snails are easy to get rid of but the eggs are a different story.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #255 
Syriiven

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
And btw, I just looked it up.. They made a sequel to Okami for the DS called Okamiden (Okami Chronicles).
I have Okami-den =) It's fun =D But I wanna track down Okami.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #256 
AyalaCookiejar

Well my boyfriend has it for both the Wii and the PS3 lol... I believe he got both of them on amazon since that's like his favorite site ever.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #257 
Syriiven

Sometimes its the only site ever for getting stuff ^^;
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:26 PM   #258 
AyalaCookiejar

Lol, I know right?

So a friend of my brothers told me he has a 20 gallon long tank I can have. (What's ironic is that my 4 and 10 gallon tanks were from another friend of my brothers, neither of them I actually know that well.) woo!!!!!! Now I only need $150 for a stand, hood, filter and heater.

Also I went to Walmart today (when I got my QT tanks and lights) and they had the CUTEST females - I'd never seen any like them at Walmart before. They had a white/cellophane girl and two others who looked as if they might be yellow when they colored up, and they had a hint of blue on their faces.

However, after seeing that dead female they left on the shelf that was lined in fuzz that was thicker than her body... I don't think I'll purchase fish there. I'm not sure if columnaris looks like that after they pass away but her body was completely encased in a thick ball of fuzz.

I did take a picture of it, partly because I was curious, but then decided that it would probably not be good to post it here because I'm sure some members would not like to see that, although she did NOT look like a fish whatsoever. Her fins were black and her body almost looked like it was burned/charred. Plus it was a ridiculous amount of fuzz. I did not know it could grow like that.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:59 AM   #259 
AyalaCookiejar

I forgot to post this earlier because for some reason tinypic was not working, but I got a birthday present full of awesome from my mom. Be prepared...

Old 03-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #260 
AyalaCookiejar

drawing with chalk.

This will go on my wall above my brother's tank next to all my other drawings.

Edit: sorry that its blurry :/ but it looks cool under a black light, lol.