Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2013, 02:02 AM   #281 
AyalaCookiejar

Thanks! I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to tell them apart, but they each have unique red markings. I love the koi looking markings on the first girl and the first and second girls have a twin mark on their noses :) I think they'll probably color up a bit though and I need to upload some pictures I got on my actual camera of the purple girl because she's a really interesting color. I tried to capture it the best I could on my camera but of course I actually need a computer and not my phone to upload those.

They're in QT but I love watching them all swim around. Lotus and Stella are in the back of the tank but I can still see them looking through the front of the tank. I need to get a picture of the QT setup, the whole tank, and possibly a video of them all swimming around. Girls are so interesting, I can't believe I didn't notice it before. Btw, Walmart still has that one single yellowish lighter colored female (can't believe she hasn't died yet) and I really want to take her home but I'm too afraid of introducing some nasty stuff to my tanks. I hope she finds a home.

Aaand, my room.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #282 
AyalaCookiejar

I tried to get a better picture of her coloring but she got stress stripes when I removed her silk plant so I could get better lighting.

I still need major help with names. I have a list of quite a few and I know one I'm probably going to use for sure but I can't pick which girl should have which name, lol.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:13 AM   #283 
AyalaCookiejar

So I've come to the conclusion that my idea of "roomy" is different than others (excuse me I'm tired, its 1am, I have school in the morning and I have random realizations when I'm alone at night, all my fish are sleeping and my dog is passed out on my legs as I am laying here typing on my phone, lol).

My room is super organized but its mostly organized crap. I have a ton of clothes I never wear but they all have their own special place depending on type. Mostly everything that doesn't have a specified place gets thrown in my closet or under my bed. Each of my drawers has a special purpose, including my fish accessories only organizer. All my tanks each have their own drawer. I have a special shelf where my fish food goes, labels facing out. The top of my desk holds my rubber ducky collection (given to me by friends), stuff my brother has given me, other collections of random trinkets, stuff my mom has brought back from her Los Vegas trips, reptar, because he's awesome... I have way too many stuffed animals. I've gotten rid of at least half that collection but I can't get rid of stuffed animals that were given to me. I keep nearly everything my dad gives/buys me (and my brother, actually). Um, I have my own pink vacuum to match my pink room, lol. I have a looot of flowers (mostly fake besides the dead weeds my friend gave me like 8 years ago), and picture frames and candles I never light. I burn incense a lot, though. I even have a bulletin board, lol. Don't know why exactly, but the ticket from my first Panic at the Disco concert is hidden behind it, along with possibly a $2 bill? I have a tonnnnnn of crap, but its neat crap, lol.

I think what makes my room the roomiest room of all rooms (besides my fishies and my dog, of course) is the pictures. My walls used to be covered top to bottom in photographs but I took most of them down and now I have mostly artwork of mine, some given to me by friends, and some random notes from friends in middle school. That and my black lights (I just hate bright lights, its usually either black lights or just fish tank lights), my mini fridge (yes, lol), my almost all pink color scheme, and my organized crap helps as well (my stuffed animals make for great decorations). Oh and I also have a cooler that I put all my non refrigerated food in. Ha.

This either makes me weird or unique. Or both. But its cool.
My dog still loves me. I like to think my fish do, too.

Edit: I just remembered my point to posting this. When people remodel/repaint/re carpet a bedroom or living room (or any other room but those two in particular) they think way too freaking much about color schemes and crud and not enough about what they're going to put in the room to make it unique. I hate the color orange but I could still Taylor-fy an orange room without repainting it. Of course I would probably cover the ugly orange walls with something but that is the joys of the creative mind. And my room has the ugliest green carpet ever that so doesn't match the pink but whatever, I don't think anyone thinks about the carpet when they come into my room. I do need to get a rug to cover that crap, though.

Last edited by AyalaCookiejar; 03-25-2013 at 02:21 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:28 AM   #284 
AyalaCookiejar

Oh, right. Fish.
I'm getting a Nerite snail for Bahari's tank. People here are way too nice they make me feel like a horrible person who doesn't do nice things for people for no reason enough.

Btw my fish are cute as ever. Wish I could fit in the ten gallon with my girls. And speak fish.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #285 
Syriiven

Lol - Nerit'es are awsm. Speaking fish would be cool. I dont understand the nice person part, but oookay.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #286 
AyalaCookiejar

A user offered to send me a Nerite snail. I wanted to pay for it but they refused. "Paying it forward," they said. They've gotten things, too. I know that one day I'll have the opportunity to send people things no charge as well, but as of right now, I don't even know where to get the proper things to be able to ship anything live. Since I don't sell, I don't have the things like shipping bags, insulation, and heat packs, and I'm almost sure that that stuff would be difficult to find where I live plus it would only be cost effective to order it online if I purchased in bulk. But maybe when it warms up it will be a little easier to do that.

Plus, I already had someone send me medication for free. I sent her my Paypal, asked how much it costed and she never replied. I received the package and she flat out refused to let me pay for it. I was willing but its just a nice gesture on their part, you know?

Pay it forward is a good term. I'll definitely keep that in mind.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #287 
Syriiven

Aaaahh, I see. yes, definitely keeping the good deed mill running =)
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #288 
AyalaCookiejar

Yes, it was inspiring.

Btw, for anyone reading this, I'm looking for someone outside of Nebraska but in the U.S. to let me interview them. All I need from them is a first and last name (real or fake, the names in my paper will be changed) to answer a few questions for an English paper I need to write.

More info is here: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=136929

I just need one person to say they will do it before tomorrow because my list of names of interviewees is due tomorrow. This is a college class and I'm screwed if I can't find enough people to hand this in D: (I hate this class, btw).
Old 03-27-2013, 02:10 AM   #289 
AyalaCookiejar

Would anyone like to help me with names for my new girls? Lol.
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....86#post1555186

I've already compiled a list of names if you don't think you're great at thinking of names. I need help picking which name for which girl D:
Old 03-28-2013, 11:24 PM   #290 
AyalaCookiejar

Okay so for my graduation party we're going to have an ocean/nautical theme and of course I have to dress the part so I ordered this straight from the UK.

Bam.