Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #311 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

It you have to do timeouts use a breeder trap. It lets them still see each other and get used to each other, but the bad girl can't attack.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #312 
Syriiven

Sounds like things should be okay. And yea, swimming into the flow...my girls do that at water change time >.< As do some of my boys xP Silly fish.

Hope things work out with the girls =)
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #313 
AyalaCookiejar

I was worried when I saw almost immediate flaring! I mean, the first minute they were just swimming around checking stuff out but it was constant flaring and chasing right after Ascari and Daihatsu got into it!

But after I baffled the filter a little more I just say there and watched. Then I went upstairs for a second, came back down and watched some more. Then I walked to my friends house and came back and watched a little more and they'd calmed down a lot. Maybe it was because Ascari was chilling in the corner entertaining herself, lol. But I think Mercy balances her out a bit. She's not as outwardly aggressive but she's like an authority figure. She flared a little bit but she didn't really attack anyone. Ascari backed down from her. She is more entertained with chasing everyone else around. Mercy hasn't been chased!
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:06 AM   #314 
AyalaCookiejar

I just put my girls to bed :) I have a sheet covering my window and blinds but some light still comes in in the morning so I covered the tank with towels.

But of course I sat and watched them. Lotus has warmed up, most of the girls hang out together near the front (there's usually 5 up front and one random straggler, lol, until I open the tank lid and wiggle my finger and they all congregate!)

Still a tiny bit of chasing but I did not see any flaring/nipping. They stayed pretty close without any issues. I also see no fin damage (besides that tiny bit on Mercys tail that was already there). No black edges and the piece missing is very small.

Its so fun watching them! They actually seem pretty peaceful. Stella darts when I put my finger up to the front, lol, spazz. Can't wait for feeding time tomorrow.

Bahari seems a little more active but Nero still chills above the water line (half in, half out) not really moving, despite water changes.

I had my dad come in my room to see my girls but he was more interested in DaBaDee and my brothers loaches! >:/ but he seems like he's really gotten attached to DaBaDee. He'll sit there and play with him every time he goes in my room to see my tanks. He likes to back up when you put your finger up to the tank and come closer when you pull it away, like a mirror, lol.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #315 
AyalaCookiejar

I may have spoken too soon.

Stella is really being mean, now! She's chasing everybody off, flaring at them, and nipping them. But Mercy is still the peacekeeper. Stella seems like she's afraid of Mercy, but Mercy only seems to flare at her. I saw her tail slap her but I haven't really seen her nip. Stella's been chasing everyone around but Mercy, and when Mercy gets in the middle of it, she keeps Stella away from all the other girls. LOL.

Edit: Now Kuraokami's standing up to her xD
Old 04-02-2013, 11:32 PM   #316 
AyalaCookiejar

Oh, and a video of course :p

http://youtu.be/AM9mJ94vwws
Old 04-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #317 
Syriiven

They look absolutely beautiful =)
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #318 
AyalaCookiejar

Thank you :)) I love my girls!

I have some good news. I've been testing their water since I released them on Monday (okay, I know that's only 3 days, but still :p) two days ago it was .25, .25, and 5 (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate) then yesterday, it was .25, 0, 5, and today, I didn't test for nitrates but the ammonia and nitrites were 0! Yay! That means I get a break, lol :p but not really because I have to change Bahari's water, but at least I don't need to do both :)

Also, Bahari's tank STILL won't cycle D: ! It shows ammonia after 4 days and I've been doing two water changes a week on his tank since I set it up in November. It could have something to do with the fact that so much food sinks and I added the Nerite snail and there's algae but I'm not so sure that affects water params negatively. -_-

Also, Nero the Nerite still always hovers right at/above/below the water line 24/7. She's not dead and yesterday I saw her little mouth moving but the algae isn't growing up by the waterline!?!?

I'm afraid that there might be something wrong with my tap water and she might not make it too long, but I don't have anything to test gH or kH. :(

And an update on the girls: Stella has calmed down quite a bit. It looks like that small piece missing out of Mercy's tail split up the middle (she kind of looked like a DT, lol) and its started to heal back but its kind of clear? Where its healing back together. If that makes sense. Lotus's tear in her anal fin healed back together in less than 24 hours like I thought it would but her caudal fin seems pretty jagged on the end and I do think she gets picked on the most.

LOL. Lotus has the most hilarious facial expressions.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #319 
AyalaCookiejar

The tank!

Lotus is silly :p

Lotus and Kuraokami

My favorite picture! Kuraokami, Ascari looking mad with a mustache, and Stella xD

Extremely underexposed picture of them from above

The dragon girls, Stella and Mercy

Daihatsu, Kuraokami... I personally think Stella's face makes this picture, lol.

And of course I'm not going to spam you with ALL of the pictures, so you can do it yourself if your heart desires :p
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ayalacookiejar/

Last edited by AyalaCookiejar; 04-04-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #320 
Sparrowhawk

They're so pretty! :D
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote