Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #321 
AyalaCookiejar

:) !

So I've been thinking about getting a tattoo. What's funny is ever since I was like 10 I wanted a tattoo the day I turned 18... But then I turned 18 and I just don't know what I'd get. I mean, they're permanent and I don't want a tattoo on the spur of the moment that I'll regret later, you know?

But I came across a picture of a tattoo yesterday. It was of a tree and birds flying of of it and it said, "you gave me the roots to grow and the wings to fly." Whoever got the tattoo got it for their father, who had obviously passed away because it said underneath something like, "rest in paradise, daddy," and it had dates. I would get a tattoo for my dad. I would probably also get matching tattoos with my mom and my brother, my only sibling, who's like 7 years older than me. The age difference made it so we didn't fight like most siblings. He's been out of the house now for like 5ish years and he left me a lot of stuff when he moved. He lived out of town for a few years but now he's moved back!

Something else I might not be completely opposed to is a tattoo of my dogs paw print (not just any paw print but MY dogs). I think it would be neat to have a paw print of every one of my dogs, up the side of my leg or something. Its somewhere where it would be easy to hide for work or something.

I'm also a Pisces :p go figure. I would get a Pisces tattoo in the form of Betta fish :p maybe. I know some people find zodiac tattoos dumb but I think I'm the definition of Pisces, lol.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #322 
Sparrowhawk

I love the paw print idea. I always wanted to get a paw print of my cat Nala, but I never got it, and she passed away at a ripe old age a few years ago. I reckon you should go for it!

I think no tattoo is regrettable if it has great meaning for a period in your life. Even if it doesn't quite tickle your fancy in 20 years, you'll still have fond memories of why you got it in the first place.

Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:06 PM   #323 
AyalaCookiejar

Thanks. My dog is literally my best friend. I would have got my dog Sophie's paw print, but she was put down when I was 12. We were even the same age, I had her since I was two. Her ashes and two pictures of her (one of me and her on her last day on earth and one of just her in a Santa hat) are on display under my brothers tank in my room, and I still have her harness in my closet and her favorite blanket, covered in her hair because she shed a lot.

I know people say they'll never get names tattooed, but dogs are an exception because I believe that they are actually above humans on many levels. I would also get a tattoo for my dad and my brother, any day.

I think my brother and I need to get big brother little sister tattoos :) but I'm not sure on the details, yet. I know if we got matching tattoos, he wouldn't get anything girly, obviously :p
Old 04-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #324 
AyalaCookiejar

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I tested my water in the sorority tank yesterday and its 0 and 0 againnnn. Yes, that meant no water change, BUT, it also means my girls have gone a couple days with NO exposure to ammonia and nitrites (I hope). I'm really happy that my decision to cycle the filter and get live plants paid off.

So now it seems that the only tank that isn't cycled is Bahari's and I have no idea why :/ its been set up 2nd longest (well, 3rd if you count my brothers tank - he's had that thing for 5 years and its definitely cycled).

I'm getting some more plants for the sorority and I would like to put some in my four gallon tank so I can get it set up with a new boy :) I just have to get something to baffle that filter and fill up with some live plants (and a little more substrate).

I was thinking of a HMPK from AB (actually, from a specific breeder in Indonesia). They're very nice although their English is... Far from perfect.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #325 
AyalaCookiejar

I'll be getting some live plants soon... Some hydrophila something or other (its a fast growing stem plant) another anubias, some more water sprite, a crypt petchii, a replacement for my hornwort that turned to mush in the mail :( and he offered to send me rotala indica for free so I could see if it will grow in my tank. I am thinking about putting that anubias in the four gallon along with some water sprite and java moss, and that hydro whatever is supposed to grow quickly so I'll be able to transfer that too :) oh and I forgot about duckweed. I'll easily be able to use some of that in both tanks! I guess I should take some pictures to see how to cut/transfer new propagations because I'm confused with people just trying to explain where to cut stuff at. Unless I can find some YouTube videos explaining it. The water sprite, duckweed, and java moss are obvious.

My girls tank is 0, 0 again today :) happy about that!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:33 AM   #326 
AyalaCookiejar

So I would really like to get a HMPK for my empty tank and have seen many ones I loved on AB but I'm just not sure I'm comfortable going through a transhipper. Shipping in the US is easy but I'm afraid of any miscommunication with the transhipper. I also emailed Linda Olsen but got no reply. I'm just not sure..

Anyways, Stella's my strange girl who likes to sleep on the gravel near the front of the tank every night! I can't ever find the other 5 because I assume they're sleeping in the tall silk plants in the back. Stella's just weird, lol.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:04 AM   #327 
AyalaCookiejar

Just a quick post before I go to sleep since its 2am and I have school in about 7 and a half hours...

My mom said she would get a matching tattoo with me. Its actually one thing she's never disagreed with me on since she's had friends get matching tattoos with their daughters, she's always liked the idea so convincing her was no task at all. The real task was trying to get her to think of ideas but its okay, I got it. Something along the lines of this:

I don't want it to look exactly like this one I saw on the Internet 20 times lol but its an example. I'd assume she would get it on her ankle and I'd get it on my wrist.

My mom gave me my heartbeat, and she's also a nurse.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #328 
AyalaCookiejar

So no ammonia or nitrates in the sorority tank again :) I'm pretty sure I'll be good on the water parameters but I'll keep watching them anyways, lol.

I'm getting more plants sometime soon and I also ordered a plushie of Okami from Skyewillow! :) made sure to get her blue eyes and tail damage in there since she never got the chance for it to heal before she passed.

Also, I've been looking at getting a HMPK from BettaScapes. I was going to get one from a nice breeder in Indonesia that I have on facebook (who has GORGEOUS fish!) but I decided I don't want to deal with the transhipper because there seems to be frequent miscommunications and she never replied to my email about costs... BettaScapes is also nice and she said they have a lot of PKs that they don't have up yet. I'll save some money in the long run as well.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #329 
AyalaCookiejar

Stellaaaaaaa :( her poor pectoral fin is torn up. There's a large chunk missing out of it and a couple smaller ones. Poor Stella poor pretty EE fins :( Lotus's are fine but hers are a bit smaller, too. I guess I never paid much attention - I hope pectoral fins heal as easily as there other fins.

Also I tested everything today and I got 0 ammonia and nitrites and 5 nitrates. Its been since last Wednesday since I changed their water.

This might be a dumb question but is it necessary to change the water each week if I have no ammonia or nitrites and less than 20 nitrates?

I guess I should probably post a new thread.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #330 
Syriiven

I don't think it's 'necessary' if you're doing good, but on the chance that something happens~ eh~ I mean you could definitely go a day or two more I think. But I think it's a good thing to stay in a routine with water changes.

Poor Stella - I honestly am not sure if pectorals heal the same. I've heard of people on here with EEs who's pectorals get shredded easy. But I do have a male with a pectoral that's damaged and it's stuck that way. he can swim fine, but yea, it hasn't healed at all in two months.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote