Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-10-2013, 01:44 AM   #331 
AyalaCookiejar

Thanks! She seems to have no issues at all swimming. I won't be too upset if it doesn't heal as long as its not extremely prone to fin rot (which I've never heard of on pectorals). The water params are obviously great so I hope that wouldn't even be an issue. Mercy's caudal fin still has that damage and I think she got a tear in it from nipping and she kind of looks like a DT, lol. I'm not too concerned as long as there's no rot because I do see progress in it healing.

Btw, those two are my weird girls. When I get home I check on them before bed and Mercy is usually awake (I think she likes her alone time) and Stella sleeps on the gravel in the front center of the tank :p I've seen Mercy and one of the dragon girls asleep in the java moss, too.

I'm planning on a 60% water change tomorrow and then I think I'll make their regular changes on Sundays with Bahari. So then my schedule will be Bahari on Thursday, DaBaDee and my brothers tank on Saturday and the sorority and Bahari on Sunday. Not much change besides the girls won't get water changes on Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday (which saves so much time!)

So its 1:30am and I think I am going to update my bettafish.com friends on our crazy weather. Its freezing rain - besides the fact that my car doors were frozen shut, my windshield wipers were caked in ice and practically useless because they removed no water or ice from my windshields, the ground is super slick, there's mud everywhere and there is like a lake in my driveway (we've got a giant dip in our driveway), when I drove my boyfriend home, his door was frozen shut and he couldn't get in his house so we drove to our big Hawaiian friends house to ask for his help and he was locked out of his house stuck in his garage with just a space heater and a tiny couch. So he went back to my boyfriends so he could stay there and he couldn't get in either.

My boyfriend tried calling his mom and his brother at his house to get the door open but they were sleeping and their phones were off, but the mixture of his dog barking and them pounding on the door handle trying to get it open woke up his mom, lol.

I thought I hated snow but freezing rain is a whole lot worse.

Goodnight :)
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #332 
AyalaCookiejar

The freezing rain caused some power outages around town last night but thankfully it didn't go out at my house. My fishies are safe and sound from the about 1/2 inch of ice that has covered pretty much everything outside.

I had issues letting my dog outside this morning. The door was frozen shut and my poor dog was sliding all over the grass in the backyard that was also covered in ice and I was late to school along with about half of the rest of the students because my car is completely caked in ice, too. My teacher told me that his car door handle broke off this morning. I hope nothing happens to my car because I'll finally have it paid off this month and I don't want to be paying for a new door handle.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #333 
AyalaCookiejar

Daihatsu is my jumper, now. Okami used to be a jumper... Stella and Lotus never really were jumpers. Lotus jumped once and I've never really seen my other three new girls jump, but Daihatsu jumped 3 times today at feeding time and the other day at feeding time she also jumped and nailed her head on the lid.

I'll be alright if none of the other girls start being regular jumpers just because I am worried about them either jumping out or injuring themselves if they hit the tank hood when they jump. I am also afraid to stick my hands in their tank because I don't want a bunch of little mouths nipping my fingers, lol. I haven't been nipped yet and I don't suppose its really painful but I probably would be jumpy if I was bit (like when I jumped when Bahari attacked the skewer and I accidentally pulled him out of the tank, lol).

My jungle Val's has sent out a new shoot and a little Plant is growing right next to it :) I'm glad because I had to trim the original plant really short since most of the leaves pretty much turned to mush during shipping/acclimation.

My java moss also attached itself to all my silk plants, lol, and my java fern is growing a new leaf now. I'm happy to see progress. I'm a bit of a plant noob. I'll be getting more plants next week once it warms up. :)
Old 04-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #334 
AyalaCookiejar

The plushie I ordered of Okami from Skyewillow is done and I can't wait to get her in the mail! Yay!!!!

Old 04-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #335 
Sparrowhawk

The plushie is adorable!!
Yay, plants! :D
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #336 
AyalaCookiejar

She is cute, isn't she? ^^

So for those of you who actually follow my journal, I know you're probably getting tired of me talking about the weather, but it is bizarre. And bipolar. Now it's starting to warm up a little and ice shards are literally falling from the trees (who needs hail anyway?) It sounds like a mini avalanche outside my house right now. Or what I imagine a mini avalanche would sound like. Um, hopefully it will actually start acting like spring now so I don't have to have my days ruined because of this crappy weather.

So I guess the power outages from the freezing rain were worse than I thought. Some people had no power all night, for 4 hours or longer, and some nearby school districts even had to cancel school today because they had no power.

Then my student teacher was telling us a story once about how his family was stuck in a winter storm without power for two days and it was horrible because they had no heat, TV, gaming consoles, internet, and I'm just thinking,

"WHO CARES ABOUT YOUR PS3 MY FISH WOULD FREEZE AND THE CYCLES WOULD CRASH"

making me just that much more paranoid about power outages.

OK I'm done.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #337 
Syriiven

Lol, I dont get tired fo hearing about bizarre weather. We get 15 minute changes in weather all teh time here, and that's either by trvelling or staying in one spot. So I'm used to that sort of thing.

Okami looks adorable <3 I love how SkyeWillow goes that extra length to customize the fish - like Okami's tail, and Demi's 'shark' dorsal xD. Makes them special =)
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #338 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syriiven View Post
Okami looks adorable <3 I love how SkyeWillow goes that extra length to customize the fish - like Okami's tail, and Demi's 'shark' dorsal xD. Makes them special =)
Doesn't she? :) <3

Her anal fin is also a little uneven, which is how I received her in the mail and it also never healed.

I think that getting those "extra" things on there were the most special parts. I mean, Okami didn't ALWAYS have fin damage, but she did the entire time I had her and I loved her just the same. And without it, anyone could have easily said that the plushie looks like one of my other 3 dragon females.

Now I'm slightly curious what a plushie of Stella would look like (since she's an EE). It'd just cost too much for me to order one of everybody, though.

I have a friend who is probably going to order a plushie, too, of his turtle who passed away, lol.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #339 
Syriiven

Awwww, poor turtle! I wish I could convince Curtis to let me find a way to get a pet turtle xD Cuz I know that even though he's against keeping reptiles (he wants them all to be free and happy) he'd adore a turtle. xP
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #340 
AyalaCookiejar

Yes, turtles are my friend's favorite animal. He used to have two little snapping turtles in a 40 gallon tank in his basement, and now he's got that 40 gallon and a 60 gallon from his friend - both are empty.

He wants to put fish in one for sure but he also wants salamanders. Not sure why he doesn't want more turtles.

I would really like to move my sorority to that empty 40 gallon, lol, but I know the tank is really dirty and I'd have nowhere to put it :/