Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-15-2013, 06:22 AM   #391 
Fenghuang

Oh, jar looks great, Ayala. I think Moonshadow will really appreciate this.
Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #392 
AyalaCookiejar

She posted some new rescues on FB and I LOVE Sprite!!!!! I hope no one steals him from me if he goes up for adoption and is able to be shipped. He's my background on my phone and I fall more and more in love every time I see him <3 ahhh!

I am just so in love right now, he is the cutest little booger ever! He's got quite a bit of fin damage right now. I think he's a HM but he's missing a bit of his tail fin. He's got pretty blue eyes, too.

Omg I just love him!
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #393 
AyalaCookiejar

I got the chance to talk to MoonShadow about Sprite. She said he'd be ready in 2-3 weeks :D she said she thinks he's a tailbiter so I think I'll put him in the 4 gallon since ill be planting it some and it's smaller volume. It does have a filter also.

My party is tomorrow! The change jar is already set up and it already has $8 in it :) on Monday ill get the change counted and put in my account so I can send it her way via PayPal.

I'm excited :) I have a nice set up with all my fish related art and my digital photo frame with pictures of my bettas and my brothers fish, and my snail haha. It's right next to the change jar!
Old 05-19-2013, 02:12 AM   #394 
AyalaCookiejar

Well I only have $9.66 in my change jar now. I put $8 in there myself. I guess people don't care as much as I do, ha.

I'll be rounding it up to $10. It's better than nothing :)

The party made it a busy day. Not much fishy time, but lady week I was busy Saturday and ended up doing all my water changes on Sunday, too. I've definitely GOT to find time tomorrow.

Also was in the ER today after my party near midnight since the hospital isn't open. I've got five bug bites on my leg that are HUGE. They are the color of a tomato and look like giant welts. I was asked several times if I was hit in the leg with a paint ball gun. I get bug bites often and these are definitely not normal. I've never seen a bug bite look like that! At least, not on me, and I'm not allergic to anything to my knowledge.

We do have brown recluse spiders around but they wouldn't bite multiple times like that. I guess it doesn't help the redness and swelling that the only thing that stops the itching is hot water! But it was me itching that made them swell up like that in the first place. Bug spray is my new best friend.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #395 
Syriiven

o.o Hope those go away, that's kind of scary.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #396 
AyalaCookiejar

Yeah! They looked like this last night and today don't look much better. The edges are actually purple now.

I've never seen so many people argue about what could cause a bug bite! So far I've gotten nowhere. I just don't want it to itch and don't want my leg to fall off lol.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #397 
AyalaCookiejar

I sent 10.50 to MoonShadow because I had to send it as goods and services which means in charges her. But then I looked up the exact charge and found out it was like 60 cents :(

I think I'll be adopting Sprite and her express shipping price is $20 so I'm sending her $21 to cover the extra charge which is only 88 cents. It will cover the extra 10 cents short I was on the donation, haha.

I know 10 cents isn't much at all but it still bothers me. Which reminds me, if you guys don't have her on FB I am going to post a picture of sprite. He's such a stud :) it's the eyes I swear!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:53 PM   #398 
AyalaCookiejar

<3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, this picture IS copyright of MoonShadow. It is NOT my picture.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #399 
MoonShadow

You are such a wonderful person hun!! I LOVE the jar and appreciate it more then you know!! I know you'll give Sprite a fabulous home and I couldn't be happier that you will be adopting him!!
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #400 
AyalaCookiejar

Thank you! :)

I baffled the filter in the tank today and replaced the gravel. I'm going to put live plants in the tank but until they grow out, I'm trying to think of what else I should put in there to fill the space... Hmm...

I did get dark gravel because I thought he'd look better in the tank with dark gravel rather than white :) All they had was the glofish stuff you have with colored rocks in there. I picked out some of the colored rocks and didn't get out all of the white gravel so now it's mostly black with a little color and a little white xD

I will be putting the live plants in there this weekend. I have to take some from the sorority tank and will do it during the water change because my girls are jumpers. -_-

I know I've said this about 76 times but I can't wait to meet Sprite, he's SO GORGEOUS!! His eyes, omg <3