Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #401 
MoonShadow

Thought you'd like to see a couple new pictures of him!
Attached Images

MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:42 PM   #402 
AyalaCookiejar

Awh, he is so lovely! What color would you describe him as? I know he probably looks a little different in person than in pictures.

I love his little faces :)
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:39 AM   #403 
AyalaCookiejar

So this is Veyron "Sprite" Ayala's tank as it stands right now :p I changed the white gravel to black because it suited him better and have my ghetto filter baffle, lol. It serves its purpose and ill find some way to kind of hide it.

And I also moved Nero the Nerite snail over to the sorority. The tank lights went off but I accidentally left another light on so all the girls were still awake, lol. None of them really seemed to bother her at all. This is her right after I put her in the tank:

She has plenty to eat, lol. I'm sure she will have it all gone in no time.

Now I just wonder what I will do with my RCS so I can clean Bahari's old tank. I wonder if Sprite will be too aggressive and eat her (her name is Figaro, lol). I guess we'll find out. I'm excited to finish decorating his tank :)
Old 05-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #404 
AyalaCookiejar

I got too excited and decorated Veyron (Sprite)'s tank today!

What do you think?
I love it. I hope he does, too! Also cleaned up the girls' tank.

:)
Old 05-23-2013, 12:38 AM   #405 
AyalaCookiejar

Also, a friend and I went to a flea market today (it's actually called a marble museum - it's been in town forever and this is the first time I've been there!) and look what he got me:

It's a whale :) on the bottom it says Kapa design, 78, Hawaii. My friend is also Hawaiian lol. His mom was explaining to me what Kapa means after we got it! It's by my sorority tank right now :j

Which reminds me, I blame you guys for getting me addicted to Etsy. Search "octopus" and I'd probably get just about everything that shows up, lol. Anything fish/ocean related or nautical, I love. Squids and octopuses are the neatest creatures, too! I hope it's not too cruel but I LOVE those little jars that have preserved octopus tentacles in them <3 I drool over stuff on that site all day. I wish I were rich haha, I can't just pick ONE thing!!!
Old 05-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #406 
AyalaCookiejar

Sprites empty tank is right next to my bed where I am currently laying because I just woke up from a nap, lol. It's making me even more excited to finally see him in it!

When I'm laying in my bed I always watch my girls but the tank is a little further away and harder to see. Still a great thing to fall asleep/wake up to. :)
Old 05-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #407 
AyalaCookiejar

So I decided a change of avatar was needed, lol. I tried to make this relatively similar to my last one. The only reason I don't like changing my avatar is because if people recognize me by my avatar rather than my username they might get confused D: but I'm just weird, lol. Eventually I'll probably change it back so that both DaBaDee and Veyron are on it. But idk. Maybe I need to put one of my girls on it, lol. Now that I have 7 bettas and 2 deceased, I can't fit pictures of all of them in my sig and avatar like I could with just 5 :( that's why I changed my sig to just include all their names!

Anyways, the picture belongs to MoonShadow but I got her permission first! I also got her consent to change his name but I am keeping Sprite as a nickname in between "these thingies" lol.

I guess I should probably wait before changing his name and stuff but I am SO EXCITED to get him you have no idea!!!!!!!! Lololol. I need a life and some sleep, haha.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:23 AM   #408 
AyalaCookiejar

Wow, okay, lol, I really need to update on the sorority and DaBaDee:

Sorority: I'm super glad that its been going so smoothly, really. My girls are all very active and healthy, and they get along quie well most of the time except Ascari gets moody sometimes and nips the other girls and Daihatsu tries committing suicide during every feeding time. On a side note, I moved Nero the Nerite snail to their tank recently and they have not bothered her at all! About 5 minutes ago, she somehow managed to flip herself over on her back (shell?) and watched as she clutched a rock from the gravel and tried to flip herself back over, lol. She did succeed!

DaBaDee: I think he's getting to the end of his life span? He's not acting sick, aside from a bit of buoyancy issues, he's really lost some color. No stress stripes, just dull in color, transparentish and kind of a brown/blue. He sleeps a lot, too. Like, a lot. At night he sleeps behind the filter and during the day he sleeps in his squid ward hut until I come home and wake him up for lunch which he is always happy to have!

I honestly just, don't think it's sickness. He's retiring, I think. I know pretty much every sign of sickness and am fairly certain I could identify any sickness he did have in an instant. He no longer has internal parasites that caused the severe buoyancy issues he had before. I watch his poo closely. He's just sleepy and dull in color. I am also certain this is because of the bad conditions he was in the first 9 months I had him, and the bad Walmart conditions he was in before that. I've had him for almost a year and a half but that makes him about 2 - not old, but a good age for a betta who spent most of his life in way less than ideal conditions.

I'm glad that I found this forum and was at least able to make the end of his life much better than the beginning! Who knows how long he'll be around, though... I just love coming home to his cute hungry little face!

But anyways, that being said, I know they don't live forever. He could still be around a year from now, or he could be gone tomorrow. It's hard telling... Just like with Bahari. Neither Bahari nor DaBaDee can be replaced but the tanks can be used again to make an even better life for another fish.

I feel like its selfish of me to say that... I lowered DaBaDees quality of life in the beginning with less-than-ideal care and was determined to have Bahari for a long time in proper conditions from the very beginning, but then his bad genetics made it impossible for him to be like a "normal" fish. I'm so excited to get this new rescue from MoonShadow. I want him to be in the best conditions and live a long, happy, healthy life so he does not end up suffering from bad care or genetics like DaBaDee or Bahari. It's just kind of painful to see DaBaDee in his old (but not) age and it was always painful to see Bahari unable to be like a "normal" fish :(

Anyways, it's like 12:30 and I work at 8am so I should get some sleep, lol. Night!
Old 05-26-2013, 01:49 AM   #409 
AyalaCookiejar

I should be getting Veyron "Sprite" THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEE! :D

Also looking at some HMPKs from Bettabeauties Anthem on FB - a very nice Indonesian breeder with some GORGEOUS fish!! Omg *drools*

DaBaDee was looking better today as well. Veyron's tank is all set up :) my dog went to my brothers house with me to chill for two hours. We watched my brothers son while they went to Fast and Furious... He only woke up once, lol. Netflix and everything in the fridge was free and my dog got to go with so t'was a good time.

And OMG IM GETTING VEYRON THIS WEEEEEK!!!!! :0 :D
Old 05-26-2013, 12:30 PM   #410 
Syriiven

Yay! Can't wait to see him in your pretty tanks. ^^

Also, I need you to send me which picture you want me to use as reference for your art =) Since he went through quite a few phases, I thought it should be how you want to remember him.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote