Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #421 
colorxmexravyne

*stalks*

nawwwww! your new betta fish is super adorable! and i like the name Hari Kari!
colorxmexravyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:35 PM   #422 
AyalaCookiejar

Thank you!

He's in his new home, now!

The tank colors are perfect. One side has that castle and light blue plants that accentuate his darker red color and the other side has a dark green cave and dark purple plants that accentuate his light colors :)

He's flaring at everything, even me, lol. Can't tell if he can see his reflection or if he's just protecting his new territory. My RCS decided to come out right after I introduced him and went back into hiding when he tried nipping at her once, haha, but he seems more interested in flaring and swimming into the filter outflow.

He's super active! The tank really makes his iridescence stand out (it's greenish at times and light blue at others).
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:05 PM   #423 
AyalaCookiejar

Flaring picture with my good camera!

Old 05-31-2013, 02:21 PM   #424 
AyalaCookiejar

And some amazing iridescence:
Old 06-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #425 
AyalaCookiejar

So my dad made a very good point when I asked him to choose between the names Genesis and Zenvo. He told me he'd go with Zenvo, because Genesis is more common. (He didn't know either of them as cars but he had heard the word genesis before). Then I looked up both names in search to see what threads popped up and genesis has about two pages (there's even a member named genesis whose fish was also genesis) and the only threads that came up for Zenvo were the ones I started or commented on. So his name is going to be Zenvo for originalities sake, lol.

I also discovered tiny hair like worms in Veyron's uninhibited tank (detritus I believe) which is likely due to the fact that I don't clean that tank as often since there aren't fish in it, lol. I did two 50% water changes, siphoning all the water really well. Then I finally got a Moon Cave today and I filled the bottom with black gravel and put it in the tank :)
Old 06-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #426 
AyalaCookiejar

He's been flaring a lot. Hopefully he will calm down. I'm sure he's claiming his new territory. He likes to hang out by the back of the tank, flare at himself, and play "peek a boo" through the plants :)

Many similarities between him and Bahari! Marble, one "crippled" pelvic fin, flares a lot, plays peek a boo (before Bahari went blind, of course)... He likes to swim into the filter outflow, freaks out, and then turns around and swims back into it again, lol xD
Old 06-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #427 
AyalaCookiejar

So I've been treating DaBaDee with Kanaplex (he was pineconing, but very slightly) and it seems like the pineconing is actually going DOWN! :D but for some reason his buoyancy is still an issue although I've also been treating with Epsom salt :/

Also the sore on Ascari's back is healing as well :)

Zenvo is still very active and seems to be getting a little less shy :) now he comes to the front of the tank when I walk in the room :D he seems to like his new betta hammock, too, and I think he's changing color just a little (it's hard to tell because his pattern is so complex!)

One more thing: since DaBaDee seems to have issues swimming (his buoyancy makes him float kind of sideways and he looks so uncomfortable) I got him a betta hammock, too, and I put it by the thermometer which is his favorite place to hang out when he's begging for food. He didn't seem too sure of it at first but I think he is figuring it out. He also goes under it to hold himself under the water line when he doesn't want to float to the surface.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #428 
AyalaCookiejar

DaBaDees pineconing is gone!!!! But he's still buoyant :/ he seems to be more active and hiding less, though. I wish I knew exactly what was wrong so I could help him more.. His color is still very faded.

On the plus side, Ascari's wound is healing REALLY well and all of my girls are eggy! I have never seen Stella eggy before! She is so tiny compared to the rest of the girls :)
Old 06-05-2013, 12:47 AM   #429 
AyalaCookiejar

Ugh. Today I noticed Mercy being a little lethargic and she's pineconing slightly like DaBaDee. I treated the entire tank with Kanaplex, which should be safe for the plants and snail.

:/ I don't want to lose any more fishes.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #430 
AyalaCookiejar

Well DaBaDee is doing much better today, but Mercy is doing worse. With both of them pineconing, DaBaDee is floating uncontrollably and Mercy is sinking like a rock :/ I had to remove her from the sorority tank to make sure she could reach the surface, and I got off work really early today and put General Cure in both DaBaDees tank and Mercy's hospital tank.

She's breathing heavily today and laying on the bottom of the tank really struggling to reach the surface. She's kind of tilting to the side and periodically she shuffles around sliding on her belly, and the pineconing is worse even though I started Kanaplex last night. Idk about her. Kanaplex worked for DaBaDee but Mercy's condition is worsening. The other 4 girls are still very active but have some more injuries since I took Mercy out. Zenvo is also doing well and building yet another bubble nest.