Old 01-09-2013, 11:54 PM   #71 
AyalaCookiejar

:)

So I went to petsmart and menards today... I got:
A fluorescent aquarium hood
Aquarium safe silicone
Light timers
Flourish for future plants
A filter sponge to baffle the 10gal filter (hopefully)

Now I can make my own decorations and start planning for live plants :)
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:37 AM   #72 
Syriiven

Yay!! =D Sounds like a ton of fun?
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #73 
AyalaCookiejar

So my fish came in the mail today but no one was home to sign for them at the time :( my mom took the notice and didn't tell me the package was at te post office because she "didn't know it was mine" WHAT THE HECK MOM YOU KNEW I WAS GETTING MY FISH WHO ELSE ORDERS STUFF ONLINE?!!!!???? So I'll be at the post office at 8:30 am when they open to get them and I have school at 9:40 -_- I'm so worried about them and I have to work tomorrow so I won't have a lot of time for them until after work and school ugh.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #74 
Syriiven

So long as they're inside they should be alright...I'm so sorry >.< I hope they'll be okay!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #75 
AyalaCookiejar

So I've got them. They're all alive and safe and sound floating in my ten gallon (still in the water from the bag) for warmth right now. I wish I had more time to acclimate them but I had to leave for school this morning so I only had time to move two to plastic cups and add a few drops of new water to at least get started on the acclimation...
I'll be moving the third to her cup when I get out of school for lunch in about 20 minutes and will further acclimate them. The larger one (the red and white female) seems a little more stressed out than the other two. The little ones are so cute and were greeting me and waving their big pectorals at me before I even got them out of the bag :)

However, the white and red/white ones have a little fin damage and the pink one was quite pale, I almost could tell the two apart. She seems to be the spunkiest right now, though.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #76 
Syriiven

I'm glad they're okay! =D Stress is to be expected, even the fin dmg. But i'm sure they'll heal quickly and they'll be fine. Grats!!
Old 01-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #77 
AyalaCookiejar

Thanks! I love them already :D I am so glad I have this weekend off and I got DaBaDees and Bahari's water changes done last night :)
Old 01-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #78 
Syriiven

You should try to take a video of them! I wanna see pics~ i'm so excited for you!
Old 01-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #79 
AyalaCookiejar

Trust me, I will :p but I probably won't have time tonight :(
Old 01-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #80 
AyalaCookiejar

Talking

Some pictures I took last night right after I finished acclimating them and moved them to their one gallon tanks...

This is the pink HMPK. She was still a bit pale... I checked on them this morning though and she now has a bit more color. She is the hardest to get pictures of. The tank lights come on by themselves in a little bit so I will get more pictures later today.

This is the red dragon HM waving at me :) She has a bit of fin damage :/ But she is active and she follows my fingers. She has some stress coat in her one gallon and is now in warm water so hopefully her fins will improve quickly and she'll color up a bit more. I think she looks even more like an Okami now that I've seen her in person :)

She is definitely the most photogenic of the bunch, but she also has a little bit of fin damage. Her one gallon is in the middle of the three tanks so she can see both of the other girls, and she did quite a bit of flaring and trying to get to the other two. I put some plants in between all of the one gallon tanks to block the view in places but I still left a few areas where they could see each other. No excessive flaring, though. They each tried to get to the others a bit but didn't do it constantly. The first time I saw a picture of her I thought she looked like a Stella. Now I think it's a really great name for her because she is so photogenic :) but I will probably hold off on naming them for awhile, just to be sure....

All three are very active and they all were at the front of their tanks to greet me this morning, despite the fact that they're a little pale from shipping and the two have some fin damage. I love them :)