Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #81 
Syriiven

Aww~ they're all so cute though! I'm so happy for you that they survived the trip! And super jealous too xD I want my girls for my tank too! And they look just so tiny right now! Do you know how old they are?
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:42 PM   #82 
AyalaCookiejar

Ummm... Haha, I know Mo told me their age but I forgot so I will look for the message. I know that the red dragon was considerably older... But in the pictures Mo had they didn't look so small. I was surprised at how tiny they are! (This isn't Mo's fault, either. I've never had such a young betta before so I didn't know how tiny they would be.)
My filters need to hurry up and cycle because I'm getting my other 2-3 (probably 3) females from Chard56. I'm wondering if those females won't get so beat up during shipping because Chard56 lives a lot closer to me. These three girls went from Texas to Nebraska. Chard lives in Missouri. I've already talked to him and he said to just send him a message when I'm ready.

On a side note... I'm glad I was able to get them yesterday. Snow is covering the ground right now but it actually rained the past few days because it was warmer out.. Then last night it got cold again and the wind really picked up and today it's super windy and freezing, which means that all that stupid rain turned to ice >:/
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #83 
Syriiven

^^ We finally got our big dump up here. There's like a foot and a half of snow out there right now, but I hope weather gets better for my trip up-province for my girls.

Mine will all be 3 months and a week >.> So small. Like maybe an inch long I think. So...your girls may be pretty young.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #84 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
I think they are 3-4 months old now and the Red Dragon is about 5-6 months..
They are soo tiny. It's crazy to think that the little two will be the same size as the red dragon in two months 0.0
Old 01-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #85 
Syriiven

They grow fast =)
Old 01-12-2013, 01:16 PM   #86 
AyalaCookiejar

They are so tiny and cute right now :p but don't worry, I'm not one of those people who walk into a rescue shelter to get a kitten because IT HAS TO BE A KITTEN AND WE REFUSE TO GET AN ADULT CAT CAUSE THEY AREN'T TINY AND CUTE. I volunteer at a cat shelter and got I just want to punch everyone in the face for that crap. A while back we had a lady and her daughter come in and they wanted a tiny kitten that was female. They settled on getting the ONLY small female kitten that the shelter had at the time before they even saw her.

That just ticks me off. But of course, those are cats and these are fish and I didn't get to meet my fish before I ordered them, so... anyways...

These three are feisty. The white EE is always trying to get at the other two girls and the red dragon doesn't really try to get to the other girls but she goes nuts when I hold a light in front of the tank, lol. The pink HMPK is pretty laid back and doesn't really try to attack anything or anyone, but all three are super active and are eating well. Hopefully I can get a good picture of the HMPK today.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #87 
Syriiven

Sounds like they'll be real good once they settle who gets what part of the tank ^^

I totally get that about people and cats. A friend at work has three long-haired kittens she's trying to re-home, and another person from work said she'd take them. But just before she got them she found out they were long-haired and got all upset because she didn't want long-haired but had gotten rid of her older cat just for the kittens. Srsly wrong.

I think every one of my fish have wormed their way into my heart except Sylvannas....she's still cold to me ;-; But she's also a very different personality. Calm. Delicate. Dainty.

I wonder how your girls will handle the new three later on.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #88 
AyalaCookiejar

Well, I got 6 cups from the deli to quarantine them after I get the other three... All are completely see through and are 32oz (1/4 gallon). These will be their temporary homes for two weeks before I add them all to the ten gallon, since I need to QT the other three for 2 weeks and don't have room to float 6 one gallon tanks...

I may just QT the new three in the cups for a week though in my 4 gallon tank and then put these three in the cups, so that they can all see each other for at least a week and I can monitor their reactions to each other. I just don't have 6 forground plants to add to the cups so I think I'll keep them empty...

I wanted some plants and cover from each other in the one gallon tanks since they may be there for a month or longer. I'm not really sure how much longer it will take for the filter to cycle.. But hopefully they will be okay for a week seeing each other with no plants to hide in.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #89 
Syriiven

I srsly hopemy tank doesnt take longer than teh rest of this month to cycle. When did you start yours?
Old 01-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #90 
AyalaCookiejar

Hmmm.... Middle of december sometime. I don't remember the exact date, lol. But I'm sure I could find an approximate date if I looked around at my posts :p