Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #1 
Gracie8890

Divided tank!

So ive been saving up for a divider so i can put blitz and crush in the same tank and make room for more fish! Now thats it all done im a bit worried, the divider is clear but i have many plants along it to try and hide each side. But they can still see each other. Will they calm down with time? Or am i going to have to seperate them? Exuse my cloudy water, i stirred up the gravel putting it in and i think im having a bacterial bloom.
Attached Images

Gracie8890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:33 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

The plastic looks sharp and it looks a little open.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #3 
whatsupyall

Personally, I don't like when my bettas can see each other day and night. Over time, they seem to become lethargic. I separate my bettas in such a way that when they see another betta, it excites the crap, literally, out of them. That is one way in which I check the health of my bettas too. However, I've seen many people who do allow their bettas to see each other day and night. It might be more of a preference, do you want your bettas to flare aggressively when seeing another betta? This tends to keep the betta curious and active. Or do you enjoy a betta that swims around it's home fin-clamped like? I might have exaggerated the fin-clamp, but to me, it seems like that. I think it is their nature to be aggressive and flareful, and when they do that too often, one can observe the decrease interest in their betta gradually. They get bored, and not much you can do to excite them. However, good food will always excite them, but not in the way of other bettas. Sorry for ranting if that is what it sounds like. Just my perspective on keeping bettas.
whatsupyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #4 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

The second one looks a little stressed.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #5 
Gracie8890

Alright. I guess i should just seperate them again. Btw choclate, there arent any open or sharp they can get too, i made sure of that. But thanks for the imput. Ill seperate them and try to find or make a more appropriate divider.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #6 
pittipuppylove

The other thing you can do is make a second divider and place them so you have a little section in the middle. That way they can't see each other and, depending on how you're hood's set up, you can put the heater and filter in the center section so both sections get equal heat/filtration.
Posted via Mobile Device
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:01 PM   #7 
Gracie8890

Thats a good idea! I cant do the heat filter thing because of my hood but i may try that iin the morning
Old 11-24-2012, 02:25 AM   #8 
LeoTheLakerBetta

I have that same divider and it is pretty clear but my boys stop flaring at each other now; they seem pretty peaceful. But sometimes they will rush at each other but flaring is rarely seen. It does hinder the filter flow a little bit so the non-filter side gets the advantage for bubble-blowing lol.
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:17 AM   #9 
shellieca
Reference Team

Personally I wouldn't have a divider they can see through. I've read about too many storied of them being constantly stressed & ending up dead. Plus with the divider you have, I've many stories of Bettas getting around them & the results were not good. But that's me.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #10 
Gracie8890

Yes ive heard! Ive taken the divider out for now and when i find some plastic mesh i will a make a new one for them!