Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #31 
sareena79

Quote:
I sure didn't! But they are important for our little guys. Oh, the things we do ;)
lol no joke. this is my 1st betta and he went from a $6 fish to about a $100 fish but oh well hes worth it!

Quote:
There's the ViaAqua heater 50W for 16 dollars on Amazon :) I have that one and it works pretty well. It's adjustable too ^-^
good to know. if the one I just got doesnt work out Ima come back to this thread for sure for advice on a new one. but heres hoping thats not needed. I will update as soon as I get it
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:33 AM   #32 
sareena79

got my new heater today (ocean aqua 19000/ technic 50w adjustable) and I tested it out for about 90min in a tupperware jug then rinsed it really well and added it to my tank. so far its been holding steady now at 80 degrees for about 8hrs. I think its safe to say its working. I set it for 26C/80F and its right on the money. wish it wasnt so big but I took the black cap off the end so it wasnt so obtrusive looking in my little 2g tank (that cap made it look really tacky!) and tried to hide it a bit in some plants. I guess in the big scheme of things it matters more that my fish is safe and warm rather than my tank looking just perfect...hopefully this heater will last a while cuz Im tired of all this trial & error....& Im sure my poor turtle is happy to have his heat mat back lol
Old 12-06-2012, 01:36 AM   #33 
AyalaCookiejar

I got my Hydor Theo on Saturday and I love it.. So does my fish, haha. It may be kinda ugly but his comfort is worth it :p
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #34 
sareena79

yeah thats kinda how I feel about it too...Im sure I will get used to looking at it and not even notice it eventually. well maybe not as much heheheh....im kinda glad I got the 50w tho b/c when I DO upgrade him I should be able to just use that one and not buy a new one...good luck with your theo, if this one craps out I will probably try that one (KNOCK ON WOOD!)
Old 12-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #35 
AyalaCookiejar

Haha, I got new plants to try to hide it a bit. Bahari is more interested in the thermometer than the heater lol.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #36 
sareena79

yeah when I added my thermometer sushi tried to intimidate it lol but now he just ignores it. he did the same thing with the heater last night but I think hes finally figured out its his "friend" :) Im just glad I dont have to crank up MY heater to accomodate him anymore lol and Im sure my turtle is glad to have his heat mat back too
Old 12-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #37 
Silverfang

Just wanted to say thanks for having mentioned dr fosters and smith, it reminded me I could get my light fixture cheaper there :D

Also, hydor theo 25W is perfect for a 2.5 G tank.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #38 
sareena79

anytime pal :)