Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #1 
KatHabib

please I need help quickly

My growing but still baby betta Nala is clearly sick. I posted before saying the bottom of her mouth was silver and posted pictures... I got a few comments saying she was maturing and growing so I ignored it. Now it spread to her tummy and she looks bloated she also keeps floating to the top!!! I have never seen her like this, she is still very active and maybe even too active she is squirmy and anxious she moves around randomly so quickly and hard she moves the rocks. I can see she's trying to swim down because she loves sitting on the rocks but her body just keeps floating!! Please help!! Some have told me she may have gas and her water did get a little cold over the weekend but I don't think that was it!

sorry if the pictures don't help she literally won't stand still. also she might be a he.. I just haven't accepted it yet :(
Attached Images

KatHabib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:43 AM   #2 
shellieca
Reference Team

What you're describing as far as the difficulty swimming down sounds like SB, swim bladder. Fast her for 48 hrs & see how she does. You can fast her for 3-4 days with no problems other than feeling guilty. this should also reduce the bloating. Then you may want to adjust her diet, a varied diet will do her good. The coloring from what I can see in the pics is her coloring, they do change colors.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote