Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-26-2012, 05:13 PM   #1 
Imagine

Exclamation Velvet?????????

Yesterday I was changing the water in my ten gallon, and I forgot to turn the heater back on after I was done. Today I came back from school and saw that the heater was off, and one of the fish in there (a betta) was looking more greenish than usual. I think that there is a good chance he might velvet:( Checking the other fish in there, I saw that one of them has a gold sparkly section under it, and another that looked a bit sparkly also (though it might be my imagination).

The fish in the tank are 2 bettas in breeders (not the best idea I know, but I'm saving up for a new tank...), a third betta in there temporarily due to a different cracked tank, a molly (I bought her not knowing they were brackish fish, and after research I learned they could also survive in freshwater), and a platy. Again, it is a ten gallon tank. The molly and platy do not have a gold iridescence, though it is quite hard to tell with the platy being pumpkin orange. All the fish are eating. I can't tell if they are rubbing themselves on decorations/tank sides.

Please help guys, I'm panicking right now and don't know what to do
Imagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #2 
Imagine

Also, I'm not 100% sure they have velvet, its not easy to spot. I tried taking pictures using a flashlight, but they look like their regular selves in the pics due to my awful camera and really small flashlight.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #3 
Imagine

Bump

Tags
emergency, fish, velvet