Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-26-2012, 01:36 AM   #1 
PadawanGirl

Black clumps on crowntails fins?

Hello! Ah, I'm new to this site and hadn't really planned to post anything. But a couple days ago, I rescued a little crowntail from Wal-Mart. He had this black fuzzy junk laying in the bottom of the container. And when I got him home and changed the water, I realized he has clumps of that black stuff stuck to his tail. I've tried to research what it is and how to fix it, but so far have found nothing about it. I'm hoping someone here can help me to help him. The black clumpy stuff is falling off from his tail, and I keep changing the water when it does. He does swim around, but not very much, mostly just floats head up near the top of the water. His breathing isn't labored, but he doesn't eaten very much. I hope someone here can help me.
PadawanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:12 AM   #2 
aemaki09

Anyway you can get a picture? if it is falling off it could be fin rot, i dont know what else it could be.

But crowntail's fins will curl in hard water, they wont fall off, but it could also be that??
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:50 AM   #3 
PadawanGirl

Here is a picture of his fins. Sorry for the not-so-great quality, my phone camera is all I currently have. The clumps look almost hairy at times. :/
Attached Images

Old 11-26-2012, 12:42 PM   #4 
aemaki09

I would treat him with aq salt for now, it's hard to tell if it's fin rot or not but better safe than sorry.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #5 
PadawanGirl

I thank you very much for responding so quickly and helping. Unfortunatly little Ezra didn't make it through last night. Next time I find a betta in the same condition, I will treat them with aq salt right away. Thank you again for your help.

Tags
crowntail betta, cure, fins