Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-26-2012, 08:04 AM   #1 
Dmsantana

GAH trying to figure out water!!

I know for sure i treate this water the other day well I was testing the water and I swear the color is wrong its saying the PH is to high but I know I got the right water treating stuff :C unless im color blind
Attached Images

Dmsantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:05 AM   #2 
Dmsantana

those are two different jugs I teste there
Old 11-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #3 
shellieca

From what I can see the Ph is fine. Most people's tap is mid to upper 7's which is perfectly fine. I can't tell what the number on the card says but IMO there's nothing to worry about so long as it stays stable.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #4 
Dmsantana

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellieca View Post
From what I can see the Ph is fine. Most people's tap is mid to upper 7's which is perfectly fine. I can't tell what the number on the card says but IMO there's nothing to worry about so long as it stays stable.
to me it looks like it says the water is a 7.4 :C I must be very color blind. unless a 7.4 is okay i thought it had to be 7.0 yeah sorry I was doing that with one hand and taking the picture with the other
Old 11-26-2012, 08:18 AM   #5 
shellieca

Trying to adjust the Ph is more harmful than just letting it be. It's more important for it to be stable. Fish will adjust to the Ph, so 7.4 is fine.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:29 AM   #6 
Dmsantana

I am sorry for asking so many questions. but the PH is what killed my other fish and I dont want that to happen again :C
Old 11-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #7 
shellieca

How did the Ph kill your other fish? Was it a Betta? What are your other water parameters; ammonia, nitrites, nitrates? Those will definitely kill your fish. It is rare, at least to my knowledge for Ph to kill a fish unless its some kind of exotic breed. I know fish keepers who have a Ph in the 8's & their fish are fine. Mine stays stable in the high 7's & I've not had problems.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #8 
Dmsantana

I had 6 fish in total ( not all at the same time).finally the last one (before the one I got now) betta died i took the water to get tested and my PH was to high. So when I corrected it it killed the Pleco I had. :C I'm just worried it will happen again and i've grown very close with this Betta. Right now its just the betta and a chinese alge eater which im getting rid off because some people on here said it'll kill my betta sooner or later. but anyways yeah lol im just a worry wort
Old 11-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #9 
RaptorX8

How high is it? Mine's at 8.0 or 8.2 and everything's fine.
RaptorX8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #10 
shellieca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmsantana View Post
I had 6 fish in total ( not all at the same time).finally the last one (before the one I got now) betta died i took the water to get tested and my PH was to high. So when I corrected it it killed the Pleco I had. :C I'm just worried it will happen again and i've grown very close with this Betta. Right now its just the betta and a chinese alge eater which im getting rid off because some people on here said it'll kill my betta sooner or later. but anyways yeah lol im just a worry wort
I don't think the Ph was the culprit. I wouldn't worry about the Ph. I don't know what size tank you have but I have 2 CAE's in my 46g with 8 female Bettas & a Mystery snail with no problems. I've read the horror stories as well but I think most people don't have the proper tank size or set up to accommodate them. If you have anything less than a 30g with 1 CAE then you'll probably have problems. They get 6" - 12" when fully grown so they need a large tank.