Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-27-2012, 05:44 AM   #11 
bellasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water View Post
He looks like his fins are rotting :I And if your fish has some internal infection, definitely go to your nearest pet store and get some medication and stress coat for the little guy! What do you treat him with?
Have listed meds in previous post which i used with no sucess, you think he has fin rot? which i cant understand as i do regular water changes adding stress coat and stress zyme. Tank is filtered and heated. Am not keen to re-medicate him as im sure they took their toll on him last time with no sucess.

Last edited by bellasia; 11-27-2012 at 05:51 AM.
bellasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #12 
Bazinga

You might need to up the dosage slighty,,, One of my guys had really bad fin rot when i got him and, I tried the dosage for the week like the packet said.... no sign of recovery..... so I upped the dosage a week later and hey presto on the third day i could see noticeable signs of new fin growth... maybe he just needs more drugs :D
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #13 
Water

It's kind of obvious that he has fin rot..... It looks as if your betta's fins are supposed to be much longer than what they are. Fin rot happens from the water quality, so if you're not using a water conditioner then the stress coat and zyme probably won't hold off long therefore your fish's skin cannot rebuild.
Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:31 AM   #14 
bellasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water View Post
It's kind of obvious that he has fin rot..... It looks as if your betta's fins are supposed to be much longer than what they are. Fin rot happens from the water quality, so if you're not using a water conditioner then the stress coat and zyme probably won't hold off long therefore your fish's skin cannot rebuild.
API Stress Coat is a water conditioner and his water quality is good i test the water weekly and thats fine too, as i said before he has been treated since he became ill back in September with no change. Im going to start him on a salt treatment and see how he goes thankyou
Old 11-28-2012, 06:32 AM   #15 
bellasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
You might need to up the dosage slighty,,, One of my guys had really bad fin rot when i got him and, I tried the dosage for the week like the packet said.... no sign of recovery..... so I upped the dosage a week later and hey presto on the third day i could see noticeable signs of new fin growth... maybe he just needs more drugs :D
Have decided to try him again on salt treatment and see how he goes from there meds were really tough on him last time thanx
Old 11-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #16 
bellasia

Even more lethargic today just laying on his leaf second day of salt treatment, cant find any other visable signs of disease still eating, poop is normal i am truely stumped dont know if he will make it till the morning
Old 11-29-2012, 05:23 PM   #17 
Bazinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellasia View Post
Even more lethargic today just laying on his leaf second day of salt treatment, cant find any other visable signs of disease still eating, poop is normal i am truely stumped dont know if he will make it till the morning
So sorry to hear that,,, hopefully all will be ok in the morning, keep me posted!? :)
Old 11-30-2012, 08:10 AM   #18 
bellasia

Quote:
So sorry to hear that,,, hopefully all will be ok in the morning, keep me posted!? :)
He made it through the night he really is a fighter but hes still so lethargic, will continue treating with the AQ Salt and hopefully will see some change otherwise will have to try something else, but its difficult when you dont know exactly what you're treating. Will be his second Xmas with us this year,really hope he recovers. Thanx its nice to have someone else to talk to who understands, most of my friends come out with phrase's like "hes just a fish" but hes so much more than that to us.

Last edited by bellasia; 11-30-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #19 
Bazinga

Great stuff glad to hear that,,, I know they are part of the family lol Just a wild stab in the dark..... is the heater working ok? maybe the temp could be fluxuating, I'm really running out of ideas here :/
Old 12-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #20 
bellasia

Quote:
Great stuff glad to hear that,,, I know they are part of the family lol Just a wild stab in the dark..... is the heater working ok? maybe the temp could be fluxuating, I'm really running out of ideas here :/
The heater is ok, yeah me too. So far no change with the salt treatment