Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #1 
Goldie2nd

my baby betta Teeny

Forgive the bad pictures but i hope you guys get to see Teeny just a bit.

Please tell me how old this baby betta is and how long for it to change colors if you can. As you can see it has a heater and is in a much bigger space than a cup. The little sqaure thing is for when I change his water. The cup he camein broke.
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #2 
DragonFish

Awwww, congrats on the new addition! Very adorable, and looks decently healthy! Some of them I see just look so tiny and skinny...poor things...

The babies I usually see APPEAR to be between 5-8 weeks old, and your guy, though hard to say, looks about 7-8. Just like the adult bettas sold at petstores though, unfortunately its next to impossible to tell the exact age with the baby bettas. Often times they are even stunted due to being stuck in those tiny, cold, dirty cups and can take longer then usual to reach adulthood and start to fully color up.

But like I said, you're little one looks pretty good. Just be sure to make sure its water is extra warm(babies do better at slightly warmer temps then adults, like 82-85-ish, so you may need to look into a different heater if that pad one isn't doing the job), keep up with the extra needed water changes, and make sure to offer frequent small meals of a mix of frozen/live foods and crushed high-quality pellets if it'll eat them and hopefully in a few months those little camouflage stripes will disappear and its colors will be beautiful and bright! :)
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #3 
Goldie2nd

Thanks soo much! It is eating dry food like really really small dry food for now.I plan on getting him freezed food in December. For now the pad heater is doing good. Thanks so much.He swims eats and I do change his water every day.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #4 
DragonFish

Awesome! I've heard those little round pad heaters do alright with the smaller tanks, but I have read some mixed reviews. You never know. xD

Though, instead of freeze-dried, I'd highly suggest frozen foods....its the best thing next to live, a lot more fats and proteins and whatnot. I do believe Petco sells frozen Baby Brine shrimp, which is perfect since the BBS are smaller and you won't have to chop them up, but it would also be a good idea to pick up some frozen bloodworms if you don't already have some.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #5 
Goldie2nd

Ok will do as soon as I get my check. Thanks so much!
Old 11-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #6 
Goldie2nd

I got Teeny in 11/21/12. It since then has grown some in size.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #7 
DragonFish

Sure thing. :)
Haha, I bet he has grown some with that nice, warm, clean water and more space!