Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #1 
Meggie6347

Exclamation Baby betta!

Hey everyone!

So as you might know, I have been rescuing and raising baby bettas. Well, I have had one in particular for maybe a week and a half or two weeks now and she has been doing great and growing well (she had been very skinny and lethargic and pale with a crooked spine when I got her, but she has been perfectly healthy for at least a week).

Well today, just now actually (she was fine last night and I didn't get to look at her this morning) I noticed a growth out of her rear...almost like a small oval shaped bubble? It's kind of a cloudy clear/white...hard to explain...I will try to get a picture later, but I can't at the moment...she also usually eats a lot (brine shrimp/bloodworms), but I can't get her to eat now. And she just kind of sit at the top..she seems to be able to swim okay but...

I tested my water...
Ammonia: 0
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates: 5

Housing:
She lives in a large cup. It gets cleaned every single night religiously and 100%. She is floating in my ten gallon, so it stays 81 degrees.

Feeding:
She is fed frozen bloodworms or brine shrimp 3-5 times a day...more often brine shrimp.

I have never had this problem before with the babies, and they are treated the same...

Please help me, I really love this little baby!
Meg
Meggie6347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #2 
Meggie6347

Sorry for the extra post; it was too late to edit:

She can swim, but it is a really awkward wobble that I have never seen a betta (or any fish) do before..it's very strange.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #3 
Meggie6347

The bubble coming out of her butt seems to have shrunk a little bit, but she still won't eat or swim much..

I just put the TINIEST pinch of aquarium salt in her cup...literally about 8 or 10 little granules..I will start changing her water twice a day and will keep adding the salt unless someone tells me I shouldn't

Please someone help! I don't know what I'm doing!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #4 
asukabetta

geez I wish I could help but im afraid I have no exp with baby bettas, perhaps ask a breeder or someone like sakura8 and Oldfishlady
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote