Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-29-2012, 12:33 AM   #11 
twolovers101

Yeah, thanks :) I'm just a worry wort DX

I just giggled cause the little guy just conked out xD he's snoozing away, floating at the top of the tank, poor thing must have been exhausted (the light clicked off about 30 minutes ago). I'm hoping the left pec. thing he's got going on is just a tick or preference or something. Sometimes when he swims it gets caught on his left ventral so that may be part of the issue lol. Maybe he just gets tired of smacking himself, I would xD
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #12 
twolovers101

Unhappy At a loss

So... Shosta's all clamped up today, I don't know why, I did the 50% change and checked him all over for any possible issues... he's just floating at the top of the water looking all sad and depressed. His color is still there and vibrant, and he ate 3 pellets this morning... but I just don't know what to do...

I'm terrified he might have velvet, but I don't see how he could as the fish that was previously in the tank, is just fine (moved him to a smaller one) and never had any issues, and Shosta was QT'd with no problems for just under a week before we moved him to the new tank. My shrimps are just fine as well with no weirdness in their behavior. I also did a gravel vac today with the 50%... added prime and stress coat to see if that would help... any one have any ideas? I don't really want to post in the diseases thread just in case he's fine, I hate the drama that goes on over there sometimes *sigh*

I checked him out with a flashlight and everything seems okay, no gold or rust colored dust, just that strage green irid. color... It could be next to impossible to see on him though because he's a copper dragon... I'll check on him when I get out of orchestra rehearsal and see how he's doing in a couple of hours. Just posting to relieve some stress and vent I suppose.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #13 
twolovers101

Not good...

Okay so I gave in and posted in the disease thread *post*
and of course it's ignored... I'm such a thread killer, I feel like no one cares or something. I know I'm just being a drama queen, but when other threads that were posted AFTER mine get more attention and I get ignored... I dunno... I just feel like the person everyone just kind of doesn't give a you-know-what about

On top of this my fiance took my car off campus without my permission for 2.5 hours and I was freaking out trying to get ahold of him on his phone but he had his phone on silent and was playing Black Ops with his friends. I'm so pissed. We were going to go on a date tonight, but I don't really want to anymore.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:17 PM   #14 
twolovers101

Sweet, Sweet Relief

Okay, so with some wonderful help from Sainthogan Shosta is now properly medicated, and seems a bit happier! :D I know, lots of posts and freak outs today, but hey, that's what journals are for right? xD

Shosta did eat this evening which makes me VERY happy, I think as long as he's willing to eat and hungry, then he's going to be okay ^^
Old 11-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #15 
twolovers101

Update!!! :D

Shosta is doing really well after one night in meds :) makes me happy, he's unclamped a lot, is actively swimming around using BOTH pectoral fins (lol) ate dinner, and even blew some bubbles in his QT cup ^^ Looks like everything's going to be okay... now I just have to wait until I can put him back in his tank... he wants out of that cup so bad it's cute xD
Old 11-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #16 
twolovers101

I should also mention that he's not having his little spazz attacks or muscle spasms any more :) the twitchies are gone ^^
Old 12-02-2012, 01:55 AM   #17 
twolovers101

Day 3??? Update on Shosta

He's doing well, is almost completely unclamped, I think the only reason he's still slightly clamped is because he's upset that he's in a little QT cup, sorry buddy! I think I'll leave him in QT for another day and let him back in the the tank on Monday to see how he does. I've been keeping the light on the tank off and I may dial down the photo period to 10 hours from 11. For Monday I'll probably still leave the tank light off just to make sure he's recovered and see how it goes. I haven't seen any more velvet or whatever his problem was for 2 days now, and he stopped darting and twitching on day 1 of the treatment like I said in an earlier post, so I think I caught it early enough that it wasn't a problem to deal with. I hope that's the case.

I've been treating him with 1 drop of Quick Cure per gallon, which is a combo of Formalin and Malachite Green.

Did a water change with Zakut today also, he was having fun playing with the gravel vac... kept swimming around it and head booping it xD it was really cute
Old 12-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #18 
twolovers101

Shosta-isims

So feeding Shosta today...

After I did the water change on his little QT cup (which he is still unhappy about, but he's feeling much better, almost 100% unclamped today) I went to feed him as a treat like I do after all WCs

Well he looks up at me, waiting, being perfectly still as I get his food out, and he either gets impatient or something and gulped 2 mouthfuls of air and blew 2 bubbles at me. The funny thing was that it made this cute little bubbly-slurp-y sound like he was actually trying to talk to me saying "feed me!" or "I'm hungry!" or more likely... "Hurry up!"

Lol, he om-nommed the pellets pretty quickly after that... I really want to try live, or at least frozen food with him... but I don't think my roommates would appreciate having odd bits of frozen bloodworms and daphnia in our community freezer

Also!! Cute pic made for me by lablover
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #19 
Hershey

It's good he's doing better!
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:35 PM   #20 
twolovers101

I'm really glad too, he gave me quite the scare. It's possible that this was brought on from being bought in one city, getting comfy in a 2.5 QT tank for a week, and then going on a 3 hour car ride to another city and then being over stimulated with a new NPT and lots of objects for him to flare at...

My bad