Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #1 
Archie123

Help plz...my fish has not eaten for 1 week...and I don't know what's wrong :((

Hey everyone!
I have posted on this forum several times over past few days.

I need help coz I have no idea what's wrong with my betta.

I had boozo for 2 years. She lives in a 3 gallon tank with filter but no heater. She always was a ferocious eater and healthy.

For past 1 week now, she has NOT eaten anything :((

First I thought her eyes look swollen and she might have popeye. she was not eating and looked lethargic. She otherwise had no physical signs. Had her beautiful red color and nothing else obvious. I put her in small tank, did regular water changes, bought beta-fix and amoxicillin as recommended. But no change.

For past 48 hours now...she just lies on bottom of tank, has heavy breathing...and it is a challenge for her to come up for air :((

I feel so helpless!

i tried everything...her pellet food, shrimps, daphnia, blood worms, peas...but nothing!!!! :((( as I mentioned earlier...she has not eaten anything for 1 week! :((

Plz help anyone. I can't see her suffer like this. She obviously looks in misery :(( I love her so much and am willing to do anything to help her :((
Archie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #2 
registereduser

If this were my situation I would get a heater & thermometer , keep it at 80, do 100% water changes for several days and don't use any meds except epsom salt, half a teaspoon per gallon. Keep us informed!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #3 
Archie123

She just died :((
Archie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #4 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Aww I'm so sorry... If you do plan on getting another betta, I really suggest that you get a heater. It can really increase your betta's lifespan.
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #5 
hynesh9792

Oh no =( I'm so sorry =( You know, bettas life spans aren't that long so maybe it was just her time. It might not have been anything you did.
hynesh9792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #6 
Water

Your fish had dropsy, that's why it wasn't eating... was it also swollen and did it have sores? sorry to hear that your fish died.
Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #7 
sainthogan

Just for the future, Bettafix is not usually recommended by people here as it contains meluca, a form of tea tree oil, which can coat the labyrinth lung and cause suffocation. Most people who have had trouble with it say that their fish is breathing heavily at the bottom of the tank and struggle to get to the top, and if they do manage to make it up there, they still are gasping for air.
I'm very sorry this happened.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote