Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #1 
Beckwithbabe

Smile Problem with water temp./ room temp. Help please

So I have 3 2.5 gal tanks all with heaters two have the same brand and one has a different brand. Befor I was able to to keep my tanks regulated at 75+ but now that it has begun to snow here they have all dropped to 70 or so. I could see one for my heaters going out but not all 3 at once and with the Christmas season coming up I don't have the money to up grade my heaters. So I was wondering what can I do to keep the water warm with out changing heaters. Also dad won't turn the furnace up so it would have to be something I could put on my room I was thinking about a floor heater? Any other suggestion would be helpful thank you in advance!!!!!!

-Liz
Beckwithbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #2 
gemsbok

If the tanks are all in the same room you could try closing the door to keep heat in the room, and then placing a space heater near the tanks. If you don't have a space heater, try wrapping them in towels to keep the heat from seeping out of the tanks so fast. Also, make sure they aren't near a window.
gemsbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #3 
Beckwithbabe

Thanks for the fast respond ! Ok so my bettas tanks are on a shelf, do it put the space heater on the shelf with them or on the ground? Does it matter where I place it in my room?
Beckwithbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #4 
jeanclaudeasher

If your heaters are adjustable heaters then you might have to turn them up a little.......my bedroom rooms on the cooler side in winter so to keep my tanks at 75 I usually have to have the heater set for like 78. Wrapping a towel or blanket around the tanks will help, I crocheted a custom covering for my small critter keeper that I use as a hospital tank since the heater for that one doesn't work well.
jeanclaudeasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #5 
jeanclaudeasher

Also I don't think putting the space heater on the shelf would be a good idea because some space heaters themselves get really hot, but heat travels up so putting it on the floor almost under the shelf should work.
jeanclaudeasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #6 
gemsbok

Yes, I think it would be best to place the space heater under the shelf as opposed to on it. The tanks might get too hot otherwise.
gemsbok is offline   Reply With Quote