Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #1 
Joytattoo

Shipping Betta

Hey every one I was wondering if there is too far a way to ship a betta. I;ve been looking at betta on aquabid and in the classifieds here and have wondered if shipping them two far would cause to much stress please let me know.
Joytattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #2 
whatsupyall

It depends on how you prepare and package them and what method you are using to ship them. Bettas have made it successfully from overseas to America often enough in my experience. Use the search button if you want to read more about how to pack and ship bettas. I remember reading about it on this forum somewhere, but I'll leave that up to you or other members to search it. Good luck.
whatsupyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:27 AM   #3 
Bettafeathers

I just got 3 bettas from Thailand through aquabid and I am in Alberta. They made it here after a couple day's travel just fine, albeit a bit stressed. This was my first time ordering and I was nervous about the shipping too but they truly are more resilient than we given them credit for. I see that you're in BC. The Canadian transhipper (the only one that I am aware of at the moment) is located in Niagra Falls, ON, and he got my fish here overnight and they were in my tanks within about 24 hours even with a couple shipping hiccups due to weather (apparently). Shipping was NOT cheap cross-Canada but it was worth it :)

Good luck!
Bettafeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:12 AM   #4 
BettaHeart

HA! Kelowna!
If you plan on a fish from thailand, the transhipper Hung Pham will make sure you know what shipment is best to use. it is about 65. from the last time i asked.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote