Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #101 
Lizdu

Sorry. bad post

Last edited by Lizdu; 12-21-2012 at 09:31 AM. Reason: forgot the quote
Lizdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #102 
Lizdu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
Generally internal parasites is what will cause the poo to become white and stringy. There are a few other signs of course, but that is one of the big indicators.
Your guys poo sounds nice and normal though....just to reassure you a little. xD
Maybe that's what was wrong with my dead fishies. They all had little white stringy things in their cups. Should I look for brownish waste in their cups for the next one I buy?
Lizdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #103 
DragonFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizdu View Post
Omigosh! Maybe that was what was wrong with the 5 fishies that died. They all seemed to have white stringy things floating in their water. For the next one, should I check if they have brownish waste in their cups?
If you're getting them all from the same source and they have nothing but white stringy poo from the start, then its very possible they're arriving at the store with internal parasites that from the supplier/contracting it in the store somehow, possibly from whatever they're being fed there.
Definitely check and see if you can find any brown/orangy waste in anyones cups next time, though even if you do that doesn't mean they won't have internal parasites....they could very well have contracted it afterwards if they're getting it from the store. But its, hopefully, less likely they'll have anything if you find normal poo with them.

If at all possible though, I would suggest going to a whole other store if you have one. 5 fish is a lot to loose, I would be super concerned and paranoid myself about that one places stock over all.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #104 
Twixies

Hey guys (: I just received the heater that DragonFish suggested!! I'm so happy right now!!! Too bad the cord is so short :/ Going to need an extention cord, but I'm still happy and really excited for it!!! My Kitkat can now be swimming in warmer water XD Yeah, just wanted to share with you guys (: Thanks again DragonFish~ Best Christmas present ever!!! Even though it wasn't meant to be, but I shall treat it like it is haha

Oh and happy holidays everybody~

Last edited by Twixies; 12-24-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Twixies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #105 
DragonFish

Ahh, wonderful wonderful! :) Haha, you're very welcome, and Marry Christmas by the way!
Yeah, the cords are a little short....I've managed to maneuver my power strips to accommodate mine. xD For the price though, and even with an extra couple bucks for a small extension cord, its a really great small tank heater.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:53 PM   #106 
Twixies

Ok, I need help again, I just saw Kitkat spit out something that looks like something flaky? I was feeding him some FD bloodworms, maybe it's the skin or something of it, should I be worried? It's the first time I saw him spit out something
Old 12-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #107 
DragonFish

Hmm...I can't think of anything else he could spit out that would be 'flaky' looking. I don't feed freeze-dried, so I'm afraid I can't say from experience, but I know sometimes I'll see a tad bit of 'dust' that my boys spit out after feeding pellets, and they'll sometimes spit out the skins of frozen bloodworms(that they'll pick up and eat again....little piggys)so it probably is just a bit of FD bloodworm. Provided he seems normal otherwise, I wouldn't worry. ;)
Old 12-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #108 
Twixies

Ok (: I think it was funny that he was spitting it out then eating it then spitting it back over and over again haha, silly little fish<33
Old 12-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #109 
Twixies

Update: I returned the old heater back and got my fishie a new plant and the Omega One Betta Buffet, and still had a little over $11 back o.o

The labels lied!! The fish food didn't float D:

Oh and for some reason, the past few weeks when I did 100% water changes, Kitkat always leave a little surprise in the container when I'm ready to put him back in the tank, do you think it's because he's so scared that he, like people, "pooped his pants", except of course he doesn't wear pants?

Right now, he's just curious about the seemingly "new tank" that I put him in haha. He's poking his head around to see if he would fit in some places in the new plant, he was also kind of kissing(?) the heater, or maybe just popping the bubbles. When I put him back in the tank, the song "A Whole New World" from Aladdin started playing hahahaha (I was listening to music lol), that totally fit the moment XD

Anyways, just wanted to share with you guys (:

[Edit]: Question: Will the light coming from the heater affect Kitkat in any way? Like maybe he thinks it's a small sun or something or wake him up when he's resting?

Last edited by Twixies; 12-27-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #110 
DragonFish

Haha! Time to get some responses in while the puppy sleeps. xD

Whoohoo! Huzzah for some savings! xD
Yeah, Omega One and NLS don't really float too well....not entirely sure exactly why, so don't quote me on this, but I sort of assumed it was because of the fact that there was more 'heavy' fish/meat ingredients rather then 'light' fillers like wheat and such like some other brands.
Kit Kat will eventually learn to chase them to the bottom and snag them there. :)

Haha, thats pretty normal. It'll take both you and him a little while to get used to the transfers and the 100% changes, but eventually both of you will get down to a routine, he'll get used to his container, and you will get better at catching him in his container. ;) It just takes some practice is all.

xD Ahh, perfect timing on the song!! Lol!
That all sounds great and normal and healthy though! Thats one of my very favorite things, giving my fish new decorations/plants to investigate, or bringing a new boy home....watching them investigate and check out their new home. :) When I first brought him home, Nightwing, the boy in my Avvy, was ALL about bubble popping! It was hilarious, I've never had a betta who did it quite as vigorously before. xD

And no, the light from the heater won't bother him any at night. :)

Thanks for sharing by the way! I love hearing updates of your little guy. xD Its so great to hear that hes doing well!