betta fish

Old 01-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #191 
Syriiven

Thats a gorgeous lady!! Love her vertical stripes ^^
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #192 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Haha I thought so. Sena what number is this girl?
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #193 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

I sent you a email.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #194 
Sena Hansler

Last female picture, she has no number as she is in the fry tank.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #195 
MSG

How come you're not marking your "Made in Canada" glass mason jars with a "Brightly Colored" sharpie marker?

Surely you must be confused with the 150+ fry you have left in your growout tank.

• Marking the glasses with the numbers would make the fish much easier to identify in the photos you upload.

(Don't use the sharpies on plastic, just glass since it dries FAST & easily removed with rubbing alcohol)
  • BTW, what is your feeding schedule for your juvies now? How much does each "jarred" juvie get to eat?
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #196 
Sena Hansler

I use a black marker, because I happen to have it. The jars are ALL labelled other than the newly jarred aka N/A which then I ended up labelling n/a1, n/a2. When the pictures are taken they do not always swim up close to the numbered area, which then when I take pictures it actually takes a half hour to write down, upload, and rename every single picture to the according fish. Why the different brightly colored markers? Black works for me, and I have the males and females who are jarred in different areas (females left, males right) along with the unknowns in the center, between male and female.

All fry of this age are fed twice a day. The smaller tummied (greedier) ones have been jarred, such as the last jarred one who devoured way too much in the tank and was floating around awkwardly. They get their thawed bloodworms, and NLS small fish formula pellets.

Is there a problem with "confusion" with the 150+ fry in the grow out? I was told not to jar them all. So I didn't. Some that I have pictures of, I know which are which due to the coloring that has stayed or their characteristics in swimming, or behavior even, along with minuscule differences in their finnage - such as one fry has a streak of red, where a similar one does not, on the caudal on the bottom.

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 01-08-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #197 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Sena can you please post pics of fish in the grow out? I love the last female you posted and may need to take her. The n/a female is definitely coming home with me but the other ones I am unsure of. Did you find out if the other female I wanted was still available? I may need to limit myself to three XD
Old 01-08-2013, 10:30 PM   #198 
Sena Hansler

you have A17, A23 and n/a on hold currently.

I will post pics tomorrow... They do not tend to stay still

As for a message on my youtube video of the first tank...Pretty sure it is one of you... The reason for the tank not being completely bare, is because it is a completely stupid idea. If I want my fish to die, I'll take everything out. I treat it as a sorority... And therefore need hiding spots, and plants for security and safety. That way minor nipped fins are the most I get for problems.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #199 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Can you take A 23 off hold and put that gorgeous girl you posted a pic of in the growout on my list? Thanks! It wasn't me who posted the comment but I agree with you, my grow out will have decor because like a sorority the less bossy ones need to hide from the bossier ones. You would end up jarring every fry so there is no fights if you took out the decor.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #200 
Sena Hansler

Sure can.

Yes, and I know there are some sneaky meanies in this tank... I just find it frustrating to cup or net the ones I mean to and not get 5 in the net/cup Hence the decor ;p

Plus every breeder has their own method... There really is a limited amount of "wrong" ways. Even when they are under a month they still have coverage, including live plants.

SHOWN is the grow out, before adding new water.
Attached Images