Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-28-2012, 07:46 AM   #1 
Dmsantana

how is he looking(pic heavy)

Hey guys this is Mr.Fishy(still unnamed) I didnt want to name him untill I know he would live. He is changing colors I thought he was full grown because of how big he was when we first got him. But I dont know if you can see it in the pictures but he is slowly turning Blueish. Is this okay? Also IM happy to say the water is clearer then it ever has been and im one happy fish momma when I saw this.Also in on of the pictures is some bubbles is that his bubble nest or is it from the filter. Thank you!!!!
Attached Images

Dmsantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #2 
OrangeAugust

He's very pretty! And yes, that's a little bubble nest. They like to anchor them to things like that.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #3 
Dmsantana

but is it okay that is is slowly changing to a light blue? I mean I dont care I just want to make sure he is not stressed you know. And yes he is very happy he comes to me when ever I walk into the room. I am feeding lady :P and I also noticed he is flaring at the sides of the tank when he swims up to them not for very long but just as he swims up its like "flare" and stop an swimming then repeat not sure if he is seeing his reflection or if it cause he is happy
Dmsantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #4 
sainthogan

Yes, it's ok that he's changing color. Many fish do that when coming home from a pet store and adjusting to their new healthy surroundings. Often, pet store bettas are very pale or a completely different color than what they are supposed to be due to stress, cramped homes, and usually unclean and cold water.
He probably is seeing a little of his reflection in the corners, but not enough to flare all the time (which is good). My female will give me a small flare when see sees me, almost like a greeting. She is very aggressive though, so when she sees a reflection, she will give a full out flare and try to attack. My male has yet to flare at anything, but he's still young.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote