Does your tank have a filter? Yes
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Is your tank heated? Yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? None

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Omega One Betta Pellet
How often do you feed your betta fish? Twice a day, 1 to 2 pellets

Maintenance

How often do you perform a water change? Once a week normally, but been some every day since treatment for ich.
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 50% normal, 20% during treatment for ich
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? Seachem Prime

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 5
pH: 8.2
Hardness: Unk
Alkalinity: Unk

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? Big light spot on head
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? No change
When did you start noticing the symptoms? Today
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? Just finished aquarium salt treatment yesterday for ich
Does your fish have any history of being ill? See above
How old is your fish (approximately)? Only had him two weeks

So yeah, Gambit just finished his aquarium salt treatment for ich yesterday. I've been doing daily 20% water changes and yesterday did a 100% water change. He's been in the 5.5 gallon since he completely freaked out and lost all his color after I put him in the 1 gallon for treatment.

Today, I was taking pictures of him and noticed this big light spot on his head. I don't know if he just bumped it or if its a fungus or what. He didn't have it yesterday, I took pics of him yesterday and he didn't have it. Since I just finished a salt treatment, I can't do another one right now and would like some advice.

Attached Images

RaptorX8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #2 
shellieca
Reference Team

He's pretty. If you're using the heat method to treat for Ich the temp should be 86-88F. As far as the spot on his head, IMO, he may be changing colors but it's kind of hard to tell. It doesn't appear raised, fluffy or fuzzy. Someone else may have a different opinion.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:02 AM   #3 
RaptorX8

I got up this morning and checked on Gambit and my heart stopped and I thought "No, no, no, not again!" He was on the bottom of the tank kind of wedged against a decoration, not moving, no gill movement that I could see. I thought for sure he was dead.

I touched the decoration and that little turd shot straight up and I thought he was going to jump out of the tank! I guess he was sleeping and I startled him.

Anyway, I checked his spot and it did look like in the very center there was some white fuzz now. So I decided to start him on Lifeguard since I've had success in the past with it for treating fungus when salt doesn't work - or in this case, he can't have another treatment.

Let me tell you, I gave him a tablet this morning. Came home from work tonight (and a brief stop to pick up some decorations since his tank was now bare without any plants) and WOW! The fuzz is gone and the spot looks a lot smaller and darker.
RaptorX8 is offline   Reply With Quote