Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #51 
CathrynL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Does he do anything special?
He comes to the glass and follows my stare every time I walk up to him. If he's in his log, and I tap on the glass, he will come out as well. His colors are just beautiful and I love that I get to stare at him every day! Betta fish are amazing, and I now know I will ALWAYS have one in my home! I actually was in Petsmart the other day, and purchased a new Twintail male! His name is Ruby, and he resides in his own 5g, heated tank as well! Here is a picture of him!
Attached Images

CathrynL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #52 
Bettafeathers

Beautiful fish! And welcome to the community :). I have the 5 gallon chi tank as well, it's great (other than my led lights burnt out before even a year, go figure). Your set up is so pretty. May I make a friendly suggestion though? I would really suggest getting (if they manufacture them) or making a cover for your chi tank. Bettas are fantastic jumpers and they can easily get out of the open top tanks. I had one manage to jump out even with a lid on! He got through the little space between the plexi-glass I cut for the lid and the filter in the middle. Not to scare you though but it's just a safety precaution. You can even cut them out of a sort of mesh that you can find at a craft store. Cheap, simple, and can save you some heart ache in the future.

Good luck! Keep us updated :D
Bettafeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #53 
CathrynL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafeathers View Post
Beautiful fish! And welcome to the community :). I have the 5 gallon chi tank as well, it's great (other than my led lights burnt out before even a year, go figure). Your set up is so pretty. May I make a friendly suggestion though? I would really suggest getting (if they manufacture them) or making a cover for your chi tank. Bettas are fantastic jumpers and they can easily get out of the open top tanks. I had one manage to jump out even with a lid on! He got through the little space between the plexi-glass I cut for the lid and the filter in the middle. Not to scare you though but it's just a safety precaution. You can even cut them out of a sort of mesh that you can find at a craft store. Cheap, simple, and can save you some heart ache in the future.

Good luck! Keep us updated :D
Thank you for the suggestion! In my research i've read about them jumping out of tanks, and definitely want to make a lid for it! I've also got the Fluval Spec 5g, my Halfmoon Plakat is housed in, and that tank did come with a lid! Here is a photo of my other Betta tank!
Attached Images

CathrynL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #54 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Cathyrn I have always been concerned with those tanks. Lovely Betta though. Twin Tail right?
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #55 
Phaydra

As another user pointed out to me once they sell the lids for the Fluvial Chi on Amazon. Had I known before I would have bought one of these tanks. Always an option for later though.
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #56 
Noobetta

hey cathrynL for your twintail tank, what kind of plants are those? they look neat
Noobetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #57 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

There fake.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #58 
Noobetta

What about the halfmoon plakat tank? The plant that sticks out the tank? do they have a name or fake also?
Noobetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #59 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I know for sure one is fake.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #60 
DragonFyre14

I think those tanks are really cool, but I've always been a bit worried about it not having a lid. I always end up opting for cheaper options. maybe someday...
DragonFyre14 is offline   Reply With Quote