Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #1 
txbettaowner

Unhappy My first betta set I lost one

I bought 2 Veiltail betta females and the next day I noticed the one wasn't acting like I have seen most fish doing. So I called the pet store and the manager told me to just watch her and if she gets worse to bring her in so I went to bed and woke up the next day and she was nose first in the water and not moving. I was so upset that my first fish I ever owned died but I think that she was on the verge anyway of dying and the shock of the move just finished her off.
txbettaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #2 
aqua001

Were they put in the same tank together? Females will fight for territory of kept in less than groups of 5 or more(or at least that is my experience.) I'm sorry for your loss! I know how it feels to lose a first pet.
aqua001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #3 
txbettaowner

Yes they were kept with each other but it most likely was shock of the move. I right now have 2 Betta Veiltail females in the same tank which is a 1.5 gallon tank and they are just fine. They both are very healthy females and not fighting at all. In the future I would like to breed one of not two of my Betta Veiltail females but that won't be for a while.
txbettaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry for your loss. I agree with aqua001. Two females in a 1.5 is a disaster waiting to happen. Eventually one female will dominate the other one and bully her to death.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #5 
aqua001

I still recommend getting them their own houses, though. 2 females in a 1.5 gallon is just not going to work:(. If you were to breed, do TONS of research first. It is complicated. i've been researching since May of this year and I still don't get a lot of the stuff. I don't mean to sound rude at all, really. Just stating the facts.
aqua001 is offline   Reply With Quote