Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #1 
Dmsantana

Question on how to clean Planted tanks

So the 10 Gallon is up and running. I treated the water went out and bought a new filter as the old one needed a new Bio filter God knows what was in it. ( I got this tank 2nd hand)So we got a whisper filter which let me tell you is pretty cool. So I got it all set up with a heater and had two therm. one came with it (the stick on kind) and we got the one that sticks to the tank) I went and bought different plants then the sword I have in my 5 gallon. tthis is my question, they are plants that you stick in the Gravel so when I go and do a water change and clean the gravel with the vaccum do Ijust replant what comes up? or should they notcome up. My mom was quit impressed with my knowing so much more then i did with the 5 gallon :P and this 10 gallon is in my room ^^
Dmsantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #2 
sainthogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmsantana View Post
So the 10 Gallon is up and running. I treated the water went out and bought a new filter as the old one needed a new Bio filter God knows what was in it. ( I got this tank 2nd hand)So we got a whisper filter which let me tell you is pretty cool. So I got it all set up with a heater and had two therm. one came with it (the stick on kind) and we got the one that sticks to the tank) I went and bought different plants then the sword I have in my 5 gallon. tthis is my question, they are plants that you stick in the Gravel so when I go and do a water change and clean the gravel with the vaccum do Ijust replant what comes up? or should they notcome up. My mom was quit impressed with my knowing so much more then i did with the 5 gallon :P and this 10 gallon is in my room ^^

I don't use a vacuum on my 5 gallon planted tank, I use a turkey baster. I siphon out the amount of water I'm going to change with a small tube, then I use the turkey baster to suck out the unwanted stuff. This way I don't have to worry about the plants and decorations coming out of place. I have enough of that with my fish, she likes to dig up her plants.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #3 
Dmsantana

this is a 10 gallon though not 5 gallon my 5 gallonhas a potted sword in it. I use a vacuum on my 5 gallon using a turkey baster on a 10 gallonwould take to long
Dmsantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #4 
babystarz

Yep, just replant. You can also get plant weights. Or tie rhizome plants like anubias to rocks and driftwood.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote