Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #241 
royal

any pics yet?
royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #242 
logisticsguy

Thanks Matt. Very appreciated. I really enjoyed our visit and could talk betta with you for hours.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #243 
logisticsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal View Post
any pics yet?
Hi Royal. The wife has some family coming over for a meal so I cant start until they leave. Darn family getting in the way of my fish time.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #244 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Can you post pics of that mg female? I may have to get her next time I'm in Calgary haha. I'm also seriously considering starting a sorority (that she would go in).
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #245 
logisticsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
Can you post pics of that mg female? I may have to get her next time I'm in Calgary haha. I'm also seriously considering starting a sorority (that she would go in).
You should start a sorority Matt. They are lot of fun as something is always going on it seems. I will try get a pic of that girl up shortly. Glad you liked the fish and you made good choices. Im hoping to have some White worms ready by the time your back.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #246 
royal

Oh,ok! Yay pictures!
royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #247 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I am going to. It will probably be a 20-30 gallon npt with shrimp and pygmy cories too. I would like to stock it with high quality females, like ct, ee, hm, etc. A couple nicely colored vts would end up in there too! And just a question, will the little bits of hornwort in spikes water grow? Or will it just die off? And the banana worms are already climbing up the sides of their container. This was like Christmas #2 lol!
Old 02-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #248 
logisticsguy

Terrific. I love the idea of having lots of tail variety in sorority tanks. It gives you lots of breeding options going forward and is a good study for betta knowledge. The Hornwart is an good plant for betta but goes through different stages. If the pieces you have are under decent light they should grow. Often ive had hornwart go through a shedding of its blades stage. When that happens break off the dying piece but save the green ends. It should go into a grow phase again thats when you can take lots of pieces for other tanks jars ect. I have never studied much about hornwart so a good google would have better info than Ive provided lol.

Crazy thing, we put Smokey in my empty 10g after you left. He is a panda marble ie black and white. Up till 8 weeks he was super colorful and lost all color like Finnigan. Today he is turning a sky blue color in only a few hours. His color gene turned back on. I hope Finnigans does too. The speed of the return shocks me the most. Family just left now I can try some photos. Oh how I wish I had taken a class in photography, betta are the hardest thing I have ever tried to photograph arggh.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:21 PM   #249 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Awesome! I swear my female has changed a bit already. Just a bit of white blotching. Who is finnigan breeding with? Spike and the girl are looking much happier now, and I'm sure they will be fine for the drive tomorrow. Can't wait for photos!
Old 02-18-2013, 02:58 AM   #250 
logisticsguy

We just didn't get much done today. Here are a few and will try to get more up later.

Female A-12

Female A-13

Captain A-14

A-15 Male I think this is the one Royal was looking at in tank 2

A-16 Sam Male