Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-23-2013, 01:43 AM   #371 
Syriiven

Well being abducted is kind of shocking for anyone...but so long as she's breathing and staying upright, I'd say give her the night to de-stress. I bet she'll perk up tomorrow =)
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:24 AM   #372 
logisticsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syriiven View Post
Looking forward to pics of the lil' gal once she's settled =) Grats on catchnig her unharmed!

And I know just how fast they can be! The stud I have caged in the sorority jumped the fence after a wc and I spent a good half hour getting him in a cup and back in his pen!

Your poor girls, though I think Sylvannas can understand. I dont think bigger girls like being harassed by so many little ones. My big girl will be happy back in her own tank soon.
Im hoping once alpha Mary is back in the sorority things settle down. She is like a cop in there. The biggest girl fish gets harassed the most now. I may pull her and condition with VT Fred. Maybe run a super tiny spawn along with another spawn. If if it doesn't happen she could use losing about 500 egg or so and Fred has a much deserved good time.

Last edited by logisticsguy; 02-23-2013 at 02:39 AM.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:45 AM   #373 
Syriiven

Hee =) So when you say the biggest, do you mean your mobile blimp swimming in there? Was she a spade?

And just for the viewing pleasure of you and others who've enjoyed your pawn so far - I give you; Tsukino Tatsu: Koi in a Pond

http://youtu.be/DhWi3Nl58QQ
Old 02-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #374 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Mobile blimp hahaha! The vt girl right? I think you could get some really nice vts from Fred and that fat one. And I bet the dwarf is fine, on the thread he said that she bloated immediately.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #375 
Syriiven

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be mean but that girl was so big! I wouldnt have believed it if I hadnt seen her!
Old 02-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #376 
logisticsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syriiven View Post
I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be mean but that girl was so big! I wouldnt have believed it if I hadnt seen her!
Its Ok at first I thought there was something seriously wrong. She just kept getting bigger even tho I tried withholding food from her and treated for typical bloat. The blimp has been that size for 6 months now and Im not sure how to "reduce" her other than breed or get her a spot on "The Biggest Loser" She is pet store spade and otherwise very healthy, I suspect some of my females get eggy big because they are visually in contact with males all the time but not sure about that. The first thing everybody says is wow. It is a bit embarrassing really and any advise is appreciated. I have never put a pic up of her because Im sure some would think Im cruel or do not care. At this point I just hope she has many eggs and could be at risk for being egg bound.

PS. Syriiven, Tatsu looks terrific and very healthy boy.

Last edited by logisticsguy; 02-23-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #377 
Syriiven

If she's been the same ize for months I'd imagine it's fine. Some girls are just big, plain and simple. Do you ever see her absorb some of ehr eggs? And so long as she doesn't look 'kumpy' on top of so fat, I think there's nothing to worry about. I would so love a spade girl tho! I've noticed they're hard to find everywhere .><

And thanks =) Glad I took your advise and moved him back near his brothers.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #378 
logisticsguy

Micro looks good this morning and ate a NLS grow pellet. Yay!
Old 02-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #379 
Syriiven

Yay!! =D
Old 02-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #380 
royal

Can u post some pictures of your females? That is what I've decided I'm interested in buying! Finally convinced my parents that the fish will not die during shipping,and they are willing to use their PayPal to buy her! Yay!!!! :D
royal is offline   Reply With Quote