Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #1 
hannah16

Help Stop Wal-Mart Betta Abuse

This is a link to sign a petition so stop Wal-Mart from abusing their betta fish. There is a 4 minute video of what bettas go through and it done near made me cry. Please sign to help save more bettas because I'm tired of going to wal-mart and seeing them dead in those filthy little cups. I didn't start this but whomever did obviously loves fish enough to want to stop Wal-Mart.

Share on your facebook and get everyone to sign. Anyone higher up in the betta world than me, please pass it around.

http://www.change.org/petitions/walm...-of-betta-fish
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #2 
Dmsantana

You do know its not just walmart all the fish stores are treating their betta's bad. the LFS had all their bettas and very small glass jars all up beside each other with just enough water to cover them. the Fish store in the mall have small cups and the water is disgusting my mom took one look in one of the betta's glass jar's at the LFS And was disgusted by the water and she knows CRAP about them!!!
Dmsantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #3 
hannah16

Oh, I know. But Wal-Mart is big and we need as many signatures as possible. The smaller stores don't need as many signatures. But if someone said "Sign this to stop my LFS from abusing bettas." I'd sign. Quick too.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #4 
ImStillLearning

Walmarts here in Canada don't sell Bettas.
ImStillLearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:31 PM   #5 
sainthogan

The wal-marts I shop at don't sell bettas either. The one I worked at in Colorado did, and the person in charge of the fish department was a Betta lover and made sure they were properly cared for, with permission from our very kind and generous manager. The Bettas there were always in clean water and were very healthy. Like walmart not being the only one to abuse their fish, there are also pet stores like my wal-mart who have knowledgable and caring people who take car of their fish. Unfortunately though, it is probably rare.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #6 
hannah16

My walmart is really bad about murdering fish. I've seen people complain to the managers because they are tired of seeing dead fish, but so far haven't done anything about it.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #7 
AquaticGirl101

I signed it. I get so sad whenever I see bettas in cups :(
AquaticGirl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #8 
fgradowski

That's so sick! I honestly can't remember the last time I was in a Wal-mart that sold fish. All of them around here stopped. Which is good because even the fish they had in the tanks would be dead.
fgradowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:43 PM   #9 
hannah16

Thank you to everyone who has signed, each signature makes a difference =]
Old 11-28-2012, 10:50 PM   #10 
perkermern

It won't allow me to sign the petition?
It keeps saying "can't leave street address blank" yet there IS a street address. I've tried formatting it in several ways and it still doesn't work...

Anyway, I agree with this video 100%.
I actually got my new Betta yesterday, AT WALMART.
He's a big fellow, with large fins and such, and he looked so cramped inside his cup. He was lying at the bottom, with his fins folded all up, and since he was the largest and most cramped I decided to take him home.

As soon as he was put in his tank, he began to dart around and swim. Eventually, his fins unfolded and now they look like beautiful veils trailing behind him. He is much more active, too.
perkermern is offline   Reply With Quote