Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #1 
bryanacute

Curiosity Bettas

So this all begins with me doing a Ph test. I stuck in the little strip and was holding it there. That's when I notice Poseidon slowly swimming toward the strip. He bumps it with his head. So I moved it towards him. We play a little game. He is so curious! Share your stories if you curious bettas of other fish here!
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:01 PM   #2 
fgradowski

Algernon is my curious betta. He's always interested in what I am doing. He'll swim over by me every once in a while to see what I'm up to.
I dipped a piece of thread in his water one day and he was biting at it.
Today I changed his water and a bubble got trapped between the side of the tank and the leaf of a plant. He got behind the leaf and started biting at the bubble.
Algernon is an extremely curious betta!
fgradowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:50 AM   #3 
hannah16

Not my betta, but a friend of mines betta will go nuts when he sees his human mommy exit the shower or changing her clothes O-o.... I don't know if that even counts xD
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #4 
OrangeAugust

Jasper, my female, is super curious! Every time I put anything in the tank she has to go and check it out. I get nervous about putting the gravel vac in there because sometimes she gets really close to it and I'm afraid of sucking her up. When I first got her and put her in her tank, the heater light was on. Then I had to unplug it and as soon as she saw the light go out, she zoomed over there and stared at it intently. She started to drift backwards a little, so I plugged the heater back in and the light went on. She got even closer to it, then swam away after a few seconds. I kept unplugging and plugging in the heater so that she would keep zooming back to the light whenever it went on or off. It was really funny.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #5 
fgradowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeAugust View Post
Jasper, my female, is super curious! Every time I put anything in the tank she has to go and check it out. I get nervous about putting the gravel vac in there because sometimes she gets really close to it and I'm afraid of sucking her up. When I first got her and put her in her tank, the heater light was on. Then I had to unplug it and as soon as she saw the light go out, she zoomed over there and stared at it intently. She started to drift backwards a little, so I plugged the heater back in and the light went on. She got even closer to it, then swam away after a few seconds. I kept unplugging and plugging in the heater so that she would keep zooming back to the light whenever it went on or off. It was really funny.
I finally got Algernon a heater yesterday and he has been investigating it since I put it in!
fgradowski is offline   Reply With Quote