Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #1 
ollief9

Interesting tank.. your thoughts?

I found this tank and I have been thinking about buying it for a Betta. It's been a while since I've last owned a Betta and I'm still getting used to all the lore surrounding them. They're like their own little sub-division of fishkeeping!

Anyway, I was wondering if you think the tank is suitable? Is it big enough?
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #2 
Bsalem05

looks nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXNcwJ8W8xQ

Last edited by Bsalem05; 12-05-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Bsalem05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #3 
ollief9

Thanks for the link. I really like how the filter is concealed and it's a decent price too. Now I just need to persuade my parents to let me get it!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #4 
Bsalem05

I'm currently up to my limit on my bettas at the moment! lol got 5..! O.o

have 2 5gl glass tanks..
1 small betta in a 1.5gl i'll update sometime soon to a 3.5gl
and 2 3gl critter keepers which work really well.

If I did have the space and money I would totaly get that tank.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #5 
ollief9

5?! 0.o..wow!
I have a 50 gallon community tank and a 6 gallon guppy tank (just two males)... I would love a Betta but I think 5 would be a bit too much for me!
I think I will buy the tank then. It has a blue LED light for night time which is neat.
I have the money right now.. do you have any ideas on how I could persuade my parents?
Old 12-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #6 
Bsalem05

Yeah.. I went a lil nuts.. and that doesnt include the 2 cats and dog.. which I still have vet bills to pay off from this month!

Well... if its pocket money I would approach your parents with pros and cons on different tanks and show them that even though this one might be a bit more than some other cheaper tanks in the long run it will work out cuz its a good size and will prob last longer..
If you earned the money i.e. job, house work.. it really is up to you what you do with that money..
also maybe try having them get you the tank for xmas.. or early bday present?? thats what I usually do when I want something but dont wanna pay.. lol down side is that if holiday or bday is far away you just wont get anything on the date.. but upside you still got something.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #7 
ollief9

Yeah Christmas is a good idea but I would rather buy it with my own money. I think if I approach my parents in the right way they'll say yes (in the nicest possible way, they are easy to manipulate). It's such a small tank they can hardly object, plus it'll be in my room where they can't see it.
I like your point about it being better quality as well.. I've had some bad experiences with cheap tanks in the past which I could point out to them.

Thanks for the tips. Hopefully I'll have it by Christmas (fingers crossed).