Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #31 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Well it wasn't the breeders fault at all it was CP's fault!
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #32 
Sena Hansler

It happens, sadly. I know the pair I got for you won't make up for the ones shipped, but hopefully it's a little better
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #33 
Bettafeathers

Sorry you lost your fish, Sena. I just got 3 yesterday shipped by fedex (I'm outside Edmonton and rural) and hoo man was that a hassle. This was my first time shipping fish and it was not a good one! I was supposed to have overnight priority shipping, so they were supposed to arrive sometime yesterday within business hours. Come 3:30 I start to get concerned and after an hour and a half (now we are at the end of the business day) I learn that oh! my package can't be delivered because of x and y ridiculous reasons. I didn't get a courtesy phone call, or offered compensation or anything... AND I had to drive 40 minutes in rush hour to get them myself!! This was AFTER they had been jostled around in a truck all day. My story ended luckier than your though...all 3 were fine, just stressed.

But I'm 1 for 1 in the bad experiences shipping fish department. I was also unimpressed that the transhipper did not write on the box fragile, or live fish or anything to indicate that the box should be handled with some amount of care. SO, to tie my story up...I'm not sure that Fedex is any better than Canada post.
Bettafeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #34 
Sena Hansler

Yikes. That sucks! It said FRAGILE on it, all sides with three arrows pointed UP lol he handed it to me sideways.... -.- -face palm- should just buy a bloody gas-friendly vehicle like my silly bf said to haha and ship things myself across Canada xD that would be expensive
Old 11-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #35 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Bettafeathers where do you live? I never knew there was another person so close to me and Sena. Glad all your fish are okay. Mine and Sena's were a little dead. At least your fish are alive!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #36 
Sena Hansler

Definitely lucky! Still a hassle though. :/
Old 11-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #37 
BettaHeart

I am so glad I took the chance with my fish, I would have hated to go through that especially with an imported fish. I got my marble pair Honey and Ginseng, blue marble male Rango and a great surprise cute little female from BettaFx last month.
Yes CP could do alittle better but then I think its due to how they are treated from higher up if you understand what i mean, sometimes to get great quality service those in higher positions must stop pocketing money that should be spread equally amongst All employees. Theres really no other alternative unless one of us (canadian betta crazy people) lol puts in the effort to deliver maybe one or two people for most provinces?? i dont know maybe im just fantasizing
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #38 
Sena Hansler

Well if I had a very fuel efficient car, and people didn't mind waiting and paying perhaps for gas I'd do it xDD Otherwise we're stuck with the worst. And I do agree with the employees not really being the problem. That's the problem with this world. Money hungry jerks rule the companies and we get the worst jobs ever. And S--- does roll downhill. Hence why I'm just going to beat stores out of the water with the fact I CAN breed quality fish. Quality, not quantity. (though the 233 was a surprise, )
Old 11-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #39 
Silverfang

CanadaPost sucks, so do some of the shipping companies. Won't mention any names but one left a 1000$ brand spanking new lap top on the door step and drove off without ringing the doorbell, calling, or KNOCKING.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #40 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Wow I thought you had to sign to recieve packages. The laptop is ridiculous it is common sense to not leave a $1000 laptop on the door step.