Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #1 
Xeek

Pectoral fin disabled...

I've noticed one of the girls in my sorority (4) wasn't eating or moving all that much. The past day or two she has had her own little spot she swims slowing around at. I can put food in front of her mouth and she almost goes for it, but she dosen't

I noticed today on closer observation that her right pectoral fin isn't moving. It's clamped agains her body. She's using her left one just fine. This tells me she's having trouble moving around, but not sure why she's not eating.

Any ideas whats going on? Maybe another betta got her right on the fin? I haven't noticed her being chased or attacked, that's usually the alpha (athena) bullying my girl, nip (she must make mean faces at the alpha, athena).

Will this fin heal up? Do you think its best I remove her and do some kind of treatment?
Xeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #2 
Xeek

After getting ready for work I went back to observe her and noticed she's back to using her fin. She's just not eating. So nevermind.

I plan to move her to a tank by herself, give her some salt, and keep an eye on her. She's usually a pig when it comes to food.
Xeek is offline   Reply With Quote