Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #1 
bellasia

Sick for so long is there something im missing?

Hi,

Blaze who ive had now for about 1yr 1/2 has not been himself since September, he used to be active but now seems to rest all the time although hes still eating. Had treated him twice with AQ salt as well as some medication. Decided to stop all treatment as nothing seemed to make any difference. Have posted some recent pics clamped fins? i dont really want to start treating him again as not sure whats wrong. Really would appreciate any help as this has been ongoing.

Thanx
Attached Images

Last edited by bellasia; 11-26-2012 at 09:50 AM.
bellasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:37 PM   #2 
Bazinga

Have you tried checking the pH of the water?? just a guess
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #3 
bellasia

PH is pretty constant staying at 7.6 i think thats ok
Old 11-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #4 
Bazinga

Is your tank heated and filtrated? just be climate change or if you moved the tank somewhere else he might not be happy!?
Old 11-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #5 
bellasia

Yes i have a filter and heater, he used to be really active but now all he does is rest on his plant or IAL he will still come over when i go to the tank ready for his food lol. Sometimes when hes resting in his plant hes so still im not sure if hes alive, guess i miss the old Blaze and worry hes not going to be here much longer i hope he proves me wrong, well he has done so far. Thanx for replying dosn't seem like anyone else has any idea what could be wrong
Old 11-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #6 
Bazinga

http://www.leotigris.com/aquablog/20...in-sticky-fin/ maybe clamped fin? See if he can move his fins by holding a mirror up to the glass and see if he flares :D
Old 11-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #7 
bellasia

No hes not flaring although hes getting agitated, i had done 2 rounds of salt treatment which didnt help before and i think i used to many meds whilst trying to make him better without really knowing what was wrong exactly. Nothing worked and hes remained the same since then, dont know whether i should try a salt treatment again
Old 11-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #8 
Bazinga

Must be clamped fin because of an internal infection, what meds did you use before? I think i remember somebody saying to use Tetra General Tonic, which is designed to treat bacterial infections
Old 11-26-2012, 11:22 PM   #9 
Water

He looks like his fins are rotting :I And if your fish has some internal infection, definitely go to your nearest pet store and get some medication and stress coat for the little guy! What do you treat him with?
Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:40 AM   #10 
bellasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Must be clamped fin because of an internal infection, what meds did you use before? I think i remember somebody saying to use Tetra General Tonic, which is designed to treat bacterial infections
I used jungle fungus clear fizz tabs, King British Disease Clear (for bacterial and fungal infections) and API General Cure
for parasites. I basically tried everything but nothing worked if anything i wonder if i made it worse, i am really worried about using meds again as i had no success.