Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #91 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syriiven View Post
I'm just so~ excited! We're seeing the Hobbit before going fish shopping and I feel so bad that I'm not really excited about the Hobbit and am going to be tapping my foot through the whole movie cause I want to go see the bettas! xD
Haha, I would totally be able to relate.
It'd be awesome to have a friend in RL who loves bettas as much as I do... Think about how much FUN it would be if we both went fish shopping together (not trying to be creepy or anything, I'd just love to have a fellow betta loving friend in real life) xD and also if we had a million dollars... You know, if money and distance weren't limiting factors :p
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:31 PM   #92 
Syriiven

I know! My friend who owned Demi doesnt get excited at all when I show her pics or vids of Demi or when I talk about getting a new betta. I have a few friends at work who I think are amused by my enthusiasm, but several that think it's awsm and love my fish. But yeah..no one who actually shares the hobby with me >.< I keep trying to convert people though, lol.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #93 
AyalaCookiejar

I don't think the love of fish comes very naturally to everyone. However, I do notice that generally when someone decides to upgrade to a bigger heated tank and they experience the change in their fish, that's when they start getting addicted. I don't find bettas in cold small containers very interesting because they aren't generally very active. Most do literally nothing except attempt to survive in the horrible conditions they are kept in.

I also feel like this contributes to people thinking they are pretty looking fish that never do anything except for eat.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:16 PM   #94 
Syriiven

I seriously wish there was a way to communicate how wonderful fish are as pets to people and why the small containers are so bad >.< Ugh! I blame people trying to make money instead of sharing a treasure.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #95 
AyalaCookiejar

Greed. It's a great thing, isn't it? *sarcasm*
I can see why people would want money but I can't see how they can lack so much compassion for living things.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #96 
Syriiven

They only see themselves in the box. And they need to realize that the box is filled with far mroe than they can imagine, and that they're an infinitisimal spec.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #97 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

most people today think inside the box. They think Buisness and Government rule them and dont doubt what those two say.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #98 
Syriiven

So, everyone's moved in and I'm aiming for yet another fish tomorrow night ^^;

Sylvannas is doing fine, getting used to us having the light in the room on. I confess though, I HATE her 3g cylindrical tank. It's ridiculous. And makes decorating and giving her places to hide retarded. So I may try to find a simple and cheap 2-3g tomorrow if I can. I'm wondering if I could add her to a later-made sorority...she'd be the only non-sibling =/

Little Slyph is okay. He's breathing heavily still, but otherwise he's perked up. Still super timid, but he is tiny. Maybe another day or two of epsom and I'll ween him off and into his 3g on my desk here.

Demi still jumps, Seiya still dances ALL DAMN DAY (I love him to death, but sometimes I really wonder about him), and Kalec took a bite out of Gary, one of my new nerite snails. And Sid, the other nerite, has holes in his shell from the LFS' lower pH water. Currently boiling egg shells to give them a calcium supplement, and tomorrow night I'll look for some cuttlebone.

Maybe it's because I'm used to Demi constantly fluttering about, but Sylvannas seems super calm, and she swims different. Calmer, careful...should I get her broad leaves like Demi has? I have another silk plant with them...and that'd give her something to rest on at least halfway up the stupid tank she's in. =/
Old 01-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #99 
AyalaCookiejar

Larger leaves would probably be good.
I'm going to QT my girls in separate containers right next to each other. You can probably keep her in a sorority later considering she isn't too old... Maybe you could put her and Demi next to each other to see how they react. Or you could add her to the sorority and observe... If she's aggressive, cup her for awhile and float her in the tank with the other girls. If she's shy, re-cup them all, rearrange, and add her in first.

It's kinda hard to tell how they will do in a sorority. :p
Old 01-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #100 
Syriiven

Za, I'll keep it in mind. I don't know if I'd want Demi with other fish. She swims a lot, and his definitely bigger (because of the wild in her), but she can't swim forever, hence she rests lots. And laws of the wild is survival of the fittest....

Though now I have a different problem. An Ammonia spike. From what I don't know. -_-; Maybe dead hornwart that's sunken, bah...