Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-27-2013, 08:12 PM   #211 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

What do you feed them? We will get you NLS sometime, I promise!
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #212 
Syriiven

They get frozen bloodworms and omega one pellets currently. I'm ratehr glad Sena's girls naturally have bigger tummies and LG fed his so much...I think I lean towards overfeeding just to make sure all 10 girls get enough to eat. Goldmoon and Aki are less demanding at meal time and hang back a little.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #213 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I over feed my sorority as well. I want to make sure every one of those little fish staring at me with their puppy dog eyes gets enough. Lol.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #214 
AyalaCookiejar

Awh. I'm hopefully getting my girls set up in their tank on Monday and I think feeding time will definitely be interesting xD
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #215 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Ayala- Some eat more, some eat less, some jump, some dive... Oh gosh it's exciting. Make sure to scatter the food a bit.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:26 PM   #216 
Syriiven

Thats what I do with pellets, and I swish the worms around gently behind the little 'line' of hungry, hungry betta mouths looking up at me. Gosh, it's exciting but so darn cute!

Excited to see your sorority finally come together, Ayala! It's been months since you started the tank cycle!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #217 
AyalaCookiejar

Lol, I know! The darn filters didn't want to cycle so now I have live plants. I was really trying not to rush things because I don't want any water quality issues getting my girls sick. I've put a lot into this tank already and its not even set up!

But even now with the current QT setup, they can all see each other and I can see all six of them swimming around and "talking" to each other. It's amazing how much personality each of these little girls have! And to think I never really liked females before..
Old 03-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #218 
Syriiven

I know, right?! They're so adorable!
Old 03-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #219 
AyalaCookiejar

I'm kind of slightly obsessed with females and plakats now xD might be all the bettas I get from now on, especially since long finned males get so many fin problems x_x

But I have only had a VT and a CT so I might just need to get a HM, too, just because I love them and have never had one (besides my females of course). I'm going to stay away from CTs because they don't do well in my high pH tap water.

I also need at least one DTPK :) I don't usually like DTs but I've seen some super cute DTPKs!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:24 PM   #220 
Syriiven

I have plans for one more major male - will get a fossil setup in the 10g with live plants. Will either be the most badass CT or DT's I can find, or an HMPK Koi (eyeballing Korwhord and TmTBetta's aquabid listings), or an EE if I find one I like. There is one MoonShadow has right now, but I don't think she'd ship him to Canada 9especially right now cuz it's cold).