Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2013, 02:59 PM   #261 
logisticsguy

When your already at 10 what the heck add one more! I go for newts cuz they are kinda cool and different. You should not listen to me though lol.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:04 PM   #262 
Syriiven

I'm kind of leaning that way too...I mean we had some before, and I think all lizards are awsm! So...bweh. Something to think on. I want plants for my AB fishies 10g for..End of this month Mayish first >> Will consdier the NPT/Newt tank over June
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #263 
Syriiven

Just a small update;

The Beast is cycled! Woo!

I don't really give a crap if the other tanks cycle, as I keep up with their water changes no problem. Even if they are 5gs and 10gs, water changes for them are easy.

The 29g though, getting a 30% water change every 3 days, is tiring. For the last month and a half I've been hauling 9gallons to my living room table and bathroom and back to keep that tank healthy.

And today my efforts finally paid off!

Now I can seriously start considering adding sand and later some panda cories! If I can find any....
Old 04-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #264 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Yay! Big water changes are a pain. I use a big blue 3G bucket from Walmart and it makes it easier because I have to lug water from my bedroom down the hallway and into the bathroom, and vice versa.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #265 
Syriiven

Yea I use a big bucket too, I have my good water bucket and my bad water bucket. xD
Old 04-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #266 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Really? I just rinse the bad water bucket out. Why do you have two?
Old 04-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #267 
Syriiven

Because there are a lot of parasites and bad icky things that don't necessarilly get washed out 100% every time. Ever since Seiya and Kalec both got ick when they shared the 10g, I've just been paranoid about certain things. So I'm just taking an extra step of precaution; any bad water with potential diseases in it I dont know about yet goes in the bad bucket, only clean, treated water goes in the good bucket.

It also especially helps to not transfer diseases between tanks a bit, so that not a single drop from a dirty tank touches another tank during changes.

Unfortunately, lol, I am not buying each tank it's own water change kit. So I figured two buckets was a good system to control diseases going down the drain and not into the other tanks. =)
Old 04-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #268 
motherpeters

Sorry to barge in, but on your craft mesh Betta hammock thingies What type of plant do you have in them? I love how they look, and I think my Bettas would love having them in their tanks!
motherpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #269 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Ah that's what I thought. I will probably do that if I ever encounter disease, but I have been disease free for years now (except for ich on some store bought fish, but those were quarantined and treated) and I am kind of paranoid about quarantining and stuff. A good rinse in hot water gets most of it, but I suppose that that's a good idea!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #270 
Syriiven

@ motherpeters I just have a clumb of java moss and a type of weed I got from Logisticsguy. ANd only have some smooth stones holding it down, it's not tied.

No worries about barging in, I'm totally open to questions. =) My Erankius loves his betta bed xD It's where he makes his bubblenests too, lazy guy xD