Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #371 
Syriiven

He still has his original turquoise mustache...I noticed when he kept looking at me.

Amaterasu didnt eat today. She was her usual self when she saw me, but doesnt seem to have any interest in the food I placed right in front of her.

Thanks for the support guys. I've got some water changes and a commission to work on, will let ya know if anything changes tonight.

Edit:; Yes, I upped it to 3 tsp/gal and General Cure + IAL.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #372 
logisticsguy

It must be awful hard to watch your beautiful fish like this. Hope the meds and salts kick in for them. Feeling so bad for you right now. You are a terrific Mom to your fishies. Cheering for you.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #373 
Syriiven

Thanks LG. I feel the worst for Amaterasu though...she's the biggest sweetie I've ever had (except for Demi of course) and knowing she's going to go this way...I just feel its so unfair to her.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #374 
logisticsguy

Yeah i feel ya. This reminds me of my sweet Binky who was the most awesome fish I ever had. It is so unfair ..why her? why Amaterasu? why is it the one we care about the most? but in the end we can only do our best. Thats what you have done for your fish.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #375 
Skyewillow

-big hugs-
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #376 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Why is it always the sweetest fish from the nicest owners?!
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #377 
Syriiven

Because among betta fish, they're all sweet. Sometimes tangy. But sweet.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #378 
AyalaCookiejar

I have to say that Okami was my favorite of my girls. I know I shouldn't say that, but I got attached to her the fastest and I didn't get a whole lot of time with her. She's also the first Betta I've lost since elementary school, but I guess they don't live forever and the more fish we have, the bigger the chance that we will lose one (or more).

I've also got to say that dropsy is a horrible, horrible disease. It sucks seeing their scales starting to pinecone and their condition deteriorate. It almost makes them look like they ate something they were severely allergic to when they swim up and look at you straight on.

I don't think they blame us, and we shouldn't blame ourselves, but they do look up to us as their only chance. Seeing that "sad" look makes it difficult not to try to help them, even if they don't have a big chance.

There is a point in the disease where THEY actually give up hope, and I think that's the only time to do it if you choose to put them down rather than suffer. It doesn't sound like either of them have hit that point, though.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #379 
Syriiven

No, not yet. But Amaterasu's definitely getting weaker. Not quite as peppy. Seiya...it's hard to tell if he's lethargic or just bummed out cuz he's stuck in a qt. Soon as he realizes I'm looking at him he swims around, but then goes back to floating there.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #380 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Dropsy is awful. I hope Seiya pulls through. I'm sorry we couldn't get you kanalplex in time.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote