Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-12-2014, 12:12 AM   #911 
Syriiven

WIP Update

I'm not really a fan of red and green beside each other, but the addition of the blue irid has definitely made this fun and easier for me to tolerate (color wise, I'm finicky). Kinda sucks my muse is fleeting andis slowing down my process - but I am pleased with that half of the caudal/dorsal! ... It's actually the first time the caudal and dorsal are being done together, since this fish is all about ribbon dancing like the gorgeous boy he is! SIP
Attached Images

Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:00 AM   #912 
Fenghuang

*holds up Moo-stash's photo*

Yep, I discovered your secret, Syr. You're part camera!

It looks so good. I am so excited and still so envious.
Attached Images

Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:07 AM   #913 
Syriiven

Lol, I've always had the talent for recreating things in front of me. Prlly because it absorbs me in the little details that makes it so real. And there-for is quite challenging - because when you simply draw something from your mind, it has no rules. It can look like whatever you like, because no one can tell you differently on how it's supposed to look - because you imagined it. But recreating real stuff has rules - people KNOW if you make a mistake, because the real one is right there. They know how good or bad you are at drawing what you're seeing. Kind of like singing a popular song - people KNOW when you don't know the words.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:41 PM   #914 
Syriiven

Cool 3 hours later...

Yes. In 3 hours. That's all I've accomplished. Sooo much detailed blending work in the fins xD We're also up to 34ish layers. And the entire project is 13ish hours I think.

Note: this is an edited instagram shot of the picture on my tablet - thus color is slightly off and darker contrast xP Also a great way to copyright your work, if anyone was wondering.
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2014, 08:23 PM   #915 
Fenghuang

If there was a "Like" button on this forum, I would have smashed it about a million times by now.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:38 PM   #916 
Syriiven

So add me on FB =P And share in all my crazy endeavors! xD
Old 01-16-2014, 08:42 PM   #917 
Syriiven

Smile Upcoming Changes...

So, unfortunately....I've lost Eranikus. And I've lost Rogue. One male, one female. E, my darling rebel betta who was the model for my display pic u.u. And Rogue.......the uh...bitch of the sorority. I'm sad she's gone, she was a gorgeous fighter, but........I don't think the girls miss her at all - especially Saphira and Sylvannas. Facts are facts, but S.I.P. all around.

With those changes, I decided to remove my males fromt he 20g and put them in their own tanks again. And I've converted the 20g to the new sorority for the remaining six girls (Tigress, Goldmoon, Artemis, Saphira, Sylvannas and Simi) + 3 nerites.

The 30g they were in has been renovated to better suit the panda cories and the fantail goldfish I plan to buy this weekend.

Since it's Curtis' and my 2nd anniversary on Monday, we're celebrating this weekend - and part of that celebration is picking one fantail each to occupy the 30g with the pandas.

ALL that being said and done....it's been a very long night. 51 gallons of water....damnit, no...61 gallons....of water moved. Tanks changed, cleaned, and qt tanks set up for the fantails and atleast 6-10 more cories.

And the 30g still has 3 nerites....and counting. I suspect some were hiding in decorations when I was moving junk.
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2014, 08:44 PM   #918 
logisticsguy

Wow! The detail is amazing. You are gifted Tori.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:46 PM   #919 
Syriiven

Quote:
Originally Posted by logisticsguy View Post
Wow! The detail is amazing. You are gifted Tori.
Took me a moment to realize you meant the art and not the tanks.....rofls
Old 01-16-2014, 08:53 PM   #920 
logisticsguy

Well the tanks look really good too Sorry you lost Eranikus and Rogue.

My tanks are so blah compared to yours. I think your art skills continue to grow Ive seen your work get better and better.

Happy Anniversary to you and Curtis!
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote