Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #1 
Sena Hansler

Post Shipping for Canadian Weather!

Okay, I've had nothing but problems with Canada Post (and I am NOT the only one). I'm curious, as to how we could make it work especially for our lovely 8 months of coldness (face it, only summer is warm anymore!)

Now, personally I will be doing trips to Edmonton once a month, splitting delivery/gas costs between each buyer rather than one person driving to me (more cost) or driving every week (more cost). I may increase the range to Edmonton, Calgary, and everywhere inbetween perhaps. (Dunno yet)

But it still brings the question of HOW to get fish alive to BC, NB, ON, etc? Even the best heating packs CANNOT offset a full blown chilly winter day. If it werent so expensive I would just travel x)

Does anyone has any suggestions, or would be able to work with others to get things done a bit more smoothly? A finely packed box, just does not seem to cut it anymore. What can keep all heat and cold outside, while the heat remains inside? Would something like tin foil work? (Throwing that one out there)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #2 
bryanacute

Double heat packs?
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #3 
Sena Hansler

Well two is always recommended anyways :p especially for our bad weather. I'm thinking of trying different things, using three test boxes (to set outside, no heat packs and check different materials efficiency, then at the end of the testing, comprise some of them together to see the best results *hopefully* that will work better.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote